Windows 10: installation of old OS

Discus and support installation of old OS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 25.4.2020 sir, I have been using XP Pro 32bit sp3 successfully for a long time. MB 845GBV, 2MB RAM. Looking into the compatibility to install win7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S.K.Pandit1, Apr 25, 2020.

1. installation of old OS

sir,

I have been using XP Pro 32bit sp3 successfully for a long time. MB 845GBV, 2MB RAM. Looking into the compatibility to install win7, I did install fairly fine with minor issues with the existing graphic card, the RAM was less, and I could not get AGP card since it went out of market. Win 7 has created lots of problems and more over it is discontinued, the reasons not known. Thus I want go back to XP Operating system. Kindly provide the procedure to install XP again and I shall use for other purpose.

We do have other PC's working with win.10 Pro. 64bit. The main one which we are constantly using is now recently facing a problem of 'Admin. Permission" needed for copying on pendrive/recording on CD. I have searched for remedies over the net, then I realise very many persons are facing all over the world and I am certain you MS is fully aware of this factor. According the suggestions available on the net, I tried all of them but it did not work on my PC. It is a fact that some PC's could recover the problem. The ultimate solution suggested id to re-install and hopefully it might work. Kindly suggest a positive solution. There is lots of data downloaded and stored in volume 'D' and need to be stored externally in HD etc. Full admin permission was given to 'D' , but even then I could NOT copy out the data.

I have also read criticisms and comments on MS on the net My observations a PC was working satisfactorily from the of win10. Just 20 days or so back this problem came up , there was nothing added in the PC. This points to some update might have created this problem? b Normally ADMIN permission has NO meaning. Then why a new element added to create a complication and then solve?

It is proper for MS to remove the file by means of an update and relieve of the unwanted problem?

Some suggestion those suggested on the net worked good for us, like through disk cleaning, defragmentation etc. Usually one do not carryout regular basis and now we realise it is a MUST for good performance. Registry was affected by a malware and was removed . This was left out by the anti-virus. surprise! Thanks.

:)

S.K.Pandit1, Apr 25, 2020

2. Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Apr 25, 2020
  4. installation of old OS

install os from hdd

not if ur OS is *ucked *Big Grin installation of old OS :D then u have to pull out the good old dvd -,-

slyfox2151, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

installation of old OS

1. installation of old OS - Similar Threads - installation old

2. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  3. Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a new SSD and cloned old one onto new one, having issues with windows installation.: I bought a PC from Apex Gaming PCs. It came with a small 256 gb SSD, which I had to upgrade in order to download more games. I upgraded to a 2tb drive, and used a cloning software to copy the first to the latter. Upon boot with new drive, it gave me an error upon startup and...
  4. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  5. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  6. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Getting Windows License and install on old PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows License and install on old PC: Hello I am a student. Could I be able to get a student microsoft windows for free? my computer is more than 15 - 20 years old, would it work?[Original Title: microsoft windows]...
  8. Getting Windows License and install on old PC

Getting Windows License and install on old PC: Hello I am a student. Could I be able to get a student microsoft windows for free? my computer is more than 15 - 20 years old, would it work?[Original Title: microsoft windows]...
  9. How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS: The specific computer name is the Compaq Presario 5660. It was made to run Win98 but I upgraded it to WinXP then erased the hard drive. I want to install Win95 so then I can upgrade it to Win98SE since I bought a Win 98SE upgrade disk. And yes, I know that they are...
  10. How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS

How do I Install Windows 95' on an old COMPAQ PRESARIO desktop without an OS: The specific computer name is the Compaq Presario 5660. It was made to run Win98 but I upgraded it to WinXP then erased the hard drive. I want to install Win95 so then I can upgrade it to Win98SE since I bought a Win 98SE upgrade disk. And yes, I know that they are...