Windows 10: Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenChase2, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

I have windows 10 home installed on my PC. It has failed to update numerous times in the past year, which only recently came to my attention. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and downloaded it, but when I go to install it, using the .exe, I get error code 0xc000409, or code 0x8024034. The computer takes a long time to load everything, and then finally fails. I have had four phone calls with Microsoft with no solutions. I can't download new programs or updates on some of my programs because of this. I need to fix this problem. Any ideas?

:)

StevenChase2, Dec 19, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Dec 19, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro.

1. Installation of updates on Windows 10 Home, and installing Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Installation updates Home

2. WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE: Greetings, can someone, anyone please please help me????? I have had this HP laptop since Dec of of last year I bought it used and it was a CLEAN INSTALL laptop which means there was nothing installed on it so i had to reinstall like EVERYTHING.. My issue has been very nerve...
  3. Windows 10 home installation over windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home installation over windows 10 pro: So i sent my laptop for repair to my company and they replaced the ssd and installed windows 10 pro without a product key, before the replacement windows 10 home was installed with a digital license and now the windows 10 pro is activated. so is there any way i can download...
  4. Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro: My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he used was fir windows 10 home. When he finished everything it said that windows was activated with a digital key linked to your...
  5. Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home

Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home: I purchased Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I downloaded and ran the Media Installation Tool. It did not give me an option to select Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, it just had the option "Windows 10". I ran it from a computer that was already running Pro, and...
  6. UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 PRO AND INSTALL WINDOWS 10 HOME: II GET A MESSAGE SAYING GO TO SETTINGS ACTIVATE WINDOWS. I GO THERE AND THERES DATES CHECKED I CANT TAKE OF THEN IT TAKES ME TO TROUBLE SHOOT AND SAYS YOU HAVE WINDOWS PRO AND WITH A DIGITAL NUMBER I NEED WINDOWS 10 HOME THE PROBLEM IS WHEREVER IT TAKES ME I FIND NO...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed: I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 7040 with no drives. I purchased a new M.2 SSD and installed it. I purchased Win10 Home and have my key. I downloaded all software to create a USB and the ISO to create a DVD. No matter what I use to install, it always install Win10 Pro...
  9. Window 10 Home To Pro Install Fails

Window 10 Home To Pro Install Fails: I've tried many times to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, and it never finishes, then the install reverts to Home. I've tried using the product key I bought, but also the generic activation code for Windows Pro. I've tried removing antivirus programs and...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home

Install Windows 10 Pro clean on Windows 10 Home: Does anyone know how I install, not upgrade, W10 Pro on a laptop that has W10 Home? I bought a W10 Pro licence key off eBay and downloaded the W10 ISO file from Microsoft, but when I try to reinstall from the ISO file (on USB) it rejects a clean install. I already tried to...