Windows 10: Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10

Discus and support Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I first noticed that VuePrint did not remain as my default Photo app following the Windows Oct/Nov 2018 Update installation. I have both Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidBMe, Nov 25, 2018.

1. DavidBMe Win User

Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10

I first noticed that VuePrint did not remain as my default Photo app following the Windows Oct/Nov 2018 Update installation. I have both Windows Professional and Home editions. My Windows Professional PC encountered no problem re-selecting VuePrint as my default Photo App as it was listed in Settings| Photos.

The incompatibility issue with VuePrint showed up on my Windows 10 Home version. Specifically, after the Windows Oct/Nov 2018 Update installed, the MS Photos App became the default viewer and, VuePrint was no longer even listed in Setting|Photos. I searched for and found an earlier VuePrint no longer working posting on this Forum, a vital portion of which states:

Go to http://www.hamrick.com/upg. and directly downloaded the apparently new VuePrint v 8.0 file. It's the SAME FILE NAME as his last release which is Vuepro80.exe, however, the one on that specific site is slightly larger in size than the original.

I found the following process definitely works as long as the steps are completed in the sequence presented. The first step before installing the latest VuePrint version from the hamrick.com link above is to rename your existing folder located at C:\Program Files\Vueprint. Change the name of the VuePrint folder (e.g. VuePrint Original). This step is essential in that the new VuePrint version will install once again to C:\Program Files\Vueprint. Then click on the newly downloaded vueprint.exe to install this latest version. If, after installing VuePrint you DO NOT find VuePrint at all, as a choice for default viewer in Settings|Photos, then follow these steps 1-10 below.

1. Go to any .jpg file on your computer and right click
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Look for Opens with and Click on Change

4. Select VuePrint and Save

At this point

You are in the Picture Tools Box

5. Click on Options at top right
    6. In that drop down choose Change Folder and Search options
    7. You are now in Folder Options
    8. Select View
    9. Scroll to the bottom and put a check in Show Libraries

10. Click on Save

This workaround will set VuePrint as your default .jpg Photo App. Also, by following steps 1 through 10, you can set other image file types (i.e. bmp, etc) to use VuePrint as the default as well.

:)

DavidBMe, Nov 25, 2018
  2. jimmangel Win User

Installation of VuePrint in Windows 10

I did not have a problem with Vueprint when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8. I have used Vueprint for a long time as well and like the program. However, I noticed that Vueprint is not programmed to open PDF files.

jimmangel, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Installation of VuePrint in Windows 10

When you bring VuePrint up, you should be able to go into the toolbar at the top of the screen and one of the selections has an option for setting/changing password. I suggest you go in to it and enter a new password. This might solve it. I'm not sure.
    I went back to Windows 7 and don't have any problems with

VuePrint now.

MiltonPeek, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10

Installation of VuePrint in Windows 10

I was using VuePrint, an older version with no issue on Windows 10 until Windows 10 did an upgrade and now when I open a picture with VuePrint itasks for the password every time, which is a huge pain. I tried deleting the old program and using the newest
    version of VuePrint, but with the same result. It works but asks for the password.

Any thoughts on what is going on there?

ScottM1252, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10

1. Installation of VuePrint 8.0 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installation VuePrint

2. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  3. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  4. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  6. Temporary profile after update install.

Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  7. Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically: Hello Team,Currently, we're utilizing AVD machines where Office 365 apps are exclusively installed. We've enforced a policy restricting users from installing apps on their local systems. However, with the recent Windows 11 update, Office 365 apps for enterprise are being...
  8. Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically

Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically: Hello Team,Currently, we're utilizing AVD machines where Office 365 apps are exclusively installed. We've enforced a policy restricting users from installing apps on their local systems. However, with the recent Windows 11 update, Office 365 apps for enterprise are being...
  9. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

10. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vueprint for windows 10

2. vueprint win 10

3. how to make vueprint my default viewer in windows 10

4. install vuepring,
  5. uninstasll vueprint,
  6. install vueprint,
  7. vueprint per win 10