Windows 10: installation of win 10 causing problems

Discus and support installation of win 10 causing problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a hp laptop (model 15 n022sa) and ive been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 when i get to the first restart it boots back into windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by epizoan, Sep 1, 2015.

1. epizoan Win User

installation of win 10 causing problems

I have a hp laptop (model 15 n022sa) and ive been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 when i get to the first restart it boots back into windows 8.1 and says installation has failed.
    I tried doing a fresh install from a dvd by changing the bios to boot into it on startup. Upon restart it seemed to not work again as i got an error message saying
    "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered and unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and the restart installation."
    After putting the boot order back to its original state i managed to boot into the os and this time it was windows 10.
    But unfortunately it would not let me use my product key which i obtained via a free tool which looks it up in the bios. The details of the error says the code is blocked.
    Also the updates of windows 10 wont install. They install and restart the pc and then it says it needs to undo them when configuring them.
    I thought maybe resetting the os would help but it wont work and trying to do another fresh install greets me with the failed to install error after the first restart.

As a fairly competent pc user i can normally fix things but this is baffling and i think i may have dug myself a bit of a hole. Ive been at this for some time now and im a bit stumped. Please help

:)

epizoan, Sep 1, 2015

2. Has anyone solved the Win10 Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243) - Error 0x80070643

If it is a problem with just a 'clean ' install it must be a problem in Win 10, as there is no old OS left over to cause it.

MontyFlange, Sep 1, 2015
  3. LCromwell Win User
    Win 10 wants me to run my Win 7 disc to fix something.

I'm sorry, win 10 won't install. the sugestion was for me to run my Win 7 install disc and select upgrade from it and then I should be able to get win 10 to install. im not at home right now so I dont have the download number that is causing the problems.

LCromwell, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi and welcome in the forum! *Smile

After an upgrade, not a clean installation, but really an upgrade, Windows 10 should activate. After that, you can do a clean install and it will activate again. But if you have never upgraded with having Windows 10 activated in that upgrade, Windows 10 will not activate. (You obviously could buy a new licence, but that will cost you some money and is superfluous given that you are eligible for the free upgrade and it also will not unbreak your current Windows 10. I would not do that.)

So even if you are in Windows 10 currently (without thinking about which issues there currently are in this Windows 10 installation), I think that you will not be able to activate this install.

What you should do now depends on what you have at hand:
    - First you should definitely backup your data. All your data. Personal documents and everything on the PC.
    - Then I would go back to Windows 8.1. E.g. from a DVD you got from your manufacturer or from a system image, which you maybe had created somewhen in the past.

Since you did a clean installation of Windows 10, I think that you no longer have log files of the Windows 10 upgrade, right? These files would have contained information about what went wrong during the upgrade...

Joergi, Sep 1, 2015
  5. RWOne Win User
    I'd go back to the original OS, the grab the media creation tool and upgrade, no DVD.

No AV installed, other than kb/mse, no USB or other devices plugged in.

RWOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. installation of win 10 causing problems - Similar Threads - installation causing problems

2. A problem installing win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A problem installing win 10 pro: I am having a Win 10 Pro 64 bit install problem in a Toshiba Satellite model L455-S5000 laptop. I pulled out the 250gb SATA HD (loaded with Win 10 home) out of the Toshiba and installed a 500GB SATA HD. The 500GB HD has been wiped clean. The Win 10 Pro install starts ok and...
  3. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading to win 10 causing problems: Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed. I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more. I keep getting this message:...
  4. Problem with new Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with new Win 10 install: I have a problem with Win 10 - can't rename anything pinned to Quick access in File Explorer. There is no rename option. If I rename something in properties, it renames the actual folder, not the entry in Quick access. Network paths have no option of renaming of any kind. I...
  5. Win 10 install problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 install problem: My problem is: I bought a product key online. I followed the instructions, downloaded win 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop, original win 7 home. When installing from either ISO or USB, I get the following error: 0x800700B7-0x2000E Installation failed during SAFE OS phase,...
  6. Win 10 installation problem

Win 10 installation problem: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  7. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. Shows white on 2nd screen using extended screen. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  8. WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem

WIN 10 Oct update caused a small problem: My taskbar clock is in dark lettering, can only see it with mouse hover. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/win-10-oct-update-caused-a-small-problem/1dfbeed8-d555-4735-8783-14f679011522
  9. Is it hardware or software problem that's causing a glitch with Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it hardware or software problem that's causing a glitch with Win 10: I upgraded my desktop PC from 8.1 to 10 last week. No problems with startup and all programs appear to run fine. I have however, noticed a few desktop and taskbar glitches which I'm not sure is a hardware or software related graphics issue. These are 3 examples of what I've...
  10. Win 10 Clean install problem

Win 10 Clean install problem: Hi, new member seeking help. I removed a bad HDD, noisy but working, and replaced it with an SSD and tried a few times to install Win 10 without success. It completes then says it will reboot in 10 seconds and when it does it starts the process over and over. I did a lot...