Windows 10: Installation of windows 10 on new pc. Won’t boot, black screen with blinking cursor

Discus and support Installation of windows 10 on new pc. Won’t boot, black screen with blinking cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I putted my windows 10 64-bit in my dvd driver, and took my dvd as the first boot option, but when I boot the system it just shows me a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EspenSc, Jan 17, 2019.

1. EspenSc Win User

Installation of windows 10 on new pc. Won’t boot, black screen with blinking cursor

I putted my windows 10 64-bit in my dvd driver, and took my dvd as the first boot option, but when I boot the system it just shows me a black screen with blinking cursor. I also tried to put the windows down on a usb, but it shows the same. Also tried with uefi, but with no luck either.

Hardware:

motherboard- asus prime z370-p

cpu- i7 8700k

ram- 16gb 3200mhz

gpu- rtx 2080

2tb hard drive

500gb ssd

I hope I can get some help to guide me threw this because its a issue I cant seem to handle on my own.

:)

EspenSc, Jan 17, 2019

2. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Jan 17, 2019
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Installation of windows 10 on new pc. Won’t boot, black screen with blinking cursor

Black screen with blinking cursor

Hello,

This issue regarding the black screen and blinking cursor maybe due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue. Let's follow the methods provided by Aadland on August 8, 2015 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Installation of windows 10 on new pc. Won’t boot, black screen with blinking cursor - Similar Threads - Installation Won’t boot

2. Blinking Black Cursor After Windows 10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking Black Cursor After Windows 10 Install: I am building a new PC and decided that before I build it I was going to install the new m.2 into my current PC and do a fresh windows install on the drive so that it would be ready. I created a windows install media USB drive and formatted/partitioned the new drive prior to...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Black Screen with Blinking Cursor: A faulty Windows update has completely crashed my computer. I cannot get to safe mode! I believe now that it has corrupted some files.I created a USB bootup disk which has thrown an error:"Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." The QR...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Black Screen with Blinking Cursor: A faulty Windows update has completely crashed my computer. I cannot get to safe mode! I believe now that it has corrupted some files.I created a USB bootup disk which has thrown an error:"Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." The QR...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Black Screen with Blinking Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows won’t boot, black screen with cursor or boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t boot, black screen with cursor or boot loop.: I turned on my computer just fine this morning, had to download an update for my keyboard, and so I had to restart it. When I restarted it, instead of going to the start menu it started saying fixing drives, and it got stuck on 100% for 10 minutes so I restarted it again and...
  7. Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor: [ATTACH]When you boot a computer, and all it shows is a black or blank screen with a blinking cursor (it may look like an underscore), […] This article Computer boots to black or blank screen with blinking cursor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Black screen with blinking cursor Windows 10

Black screen with blinking cursor Windows 10: After updating to Win 10, the black screen with blinking cursor appeared. What worked for me was going into the BIOS and changing the boot order to make the HDD the first boot device. The CD/DVD had been the first device....
  9. PC won’t boot to Windows 10, black screen with cursor

PC won’t boot to Windows 10, black screen with cursor: I have two monitors plugged into my PC, one in the GPU and one using the motherboard. Today, my monitor plugged in the motherboard went completely pixelated randomly and froze my computer so I held down the power button. When I turned it on, I got a windows blue screen...
  10. Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor: Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore . I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through...