Windows 10: Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

Discus and support Installation of Windows 10 on old computers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dario55, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Dario55 Win User

Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the original product key label. Also, i have a desktop computer that runs a Windows 10 edition Retail license activated with the "online method without product key".Knowing this, i just wanted to ask you if i can copy on my windows xp/7 old computer Windows 10 without damaging the Desktop pc license. I am asking you this because i don't want the retail license to switch computer; but just the very old xp/7 one to legally run the most upgraded windows

:)

Dario55, Mar 22, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 22, 2023
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers - Similar Threads - Installation old computers

2. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installation of Windows 10 on old computers: Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the original product key label. Also, i have a desktop computer that runs a Windows 10 edition Retail license activated with the...
  3. Installation of Windows 10 on old computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Windows 10 on old computers: Hello;I have repaired an old notebook with a formatted hard disk that had windows xp home edition ULCPC upgraded years ago to windows 7 with the original product key label. Also, i have a desktop computer that runs a Windows 10 edition Retail license activated with the...
  4. Updating old Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating old Windows 10 Computer: My daughter recently showed an interest in coding, so I've pulled out an old computer to set up for her to explore. But I want to fully update it prior to letting her loose on it.But I'm having a problem implementing the update to Windows 10, version 20H2. Whenever the...
  5. Installing Windows 10 on old computer

Installing Windows 10 on old computer: I have an old laptop. It is Asus. I want to know if it is possible to install Windows 10 on this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-10-on-old-computer/2d65ae1b-e71c-457d-abdc-047017237eb6
  6. Install Windows 10 on Old Computer

Install Windows 10 on Old Computer: I was just wondering why it says you can't install windows 10 to a older computer..I have a hp computer aug 31 2012...Wow 2012 but it still works great..So why does it say you shouldn't install windows 10 on a older computer? Thank you Alba [Original Title: Confused]...
  7. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...
  8. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  9. Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer

Installing a old hard drive with windows 10 on it to a new computer: Hey everyone, So this weekend I will be building my first PC by myself after my old computer died. On my old computer I had Windows 10 installed on a M.2.. I'm wondering if its possible to just take that M.2 and put it in my new PC and have Windows 10 just transfer over?...
  10. Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS: Continuing the legacy of hackerman1. Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! . I start with my computer here . NOTE : As of Windows 8.1 there's NO LONGER the WEI (Windows Experience Index) benchmark from Microsoft , so you will have to...