Windows 10: Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed.

Discus and support Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install the Windows 7 64-bit SDK on a Windows 10 64-bit System. Why? Because I need to build a legacy application. Let me first say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BartonLandrum, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed.

I am trying to install the Windows 7 64-bit SDK on a Windows 10 64-bit System. Why? Because I need to build a legacy application.

Let me first say that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable is NOT installed on my system.

When I attempted to install the SDK I got this message box:

I pressed OK and followed the prompts with this result:

I went back again and used the link http://go.mcirosoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=187668 all I got was this "Oops!" message:

During the SDK installation I did click on the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable so that it would be included in the installation.

The log file contains these installation errors:

5:43:07 PM Tuesday, November 13, 2018:

[SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Installation of Product Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (failed): Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureRelatedSfx() at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEvent CancelEvent)

[SDKSetup:Info] Config_Products_InstallNew: End installation of new product: Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7

[SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Windows SDK Setup (failed): Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEvent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.Product.SetupProduct(TaskMode taskMode, ManualResetEvent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ProductCollection.SetupProducts(TaskMode taskMode, DownloadManager downloadManager, ManualResetEvent cancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ConfigProducts.DoCurrentTask(TaskMode Task)

Visual Studio 2010 is NOT installed on my system. Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2017 are installed on my system.

How do I install the Windows 7 64-bit SDK on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

Barton

:)

BartonLandrum, Dec 6, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 6, 2018
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed.

Can't install Windows SDK 7.1

What does Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm say?
    Code: 11:42:43 AM Friday, April 19, 2013:[SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Installation of Product Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (failed): Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureRelatedSfx() at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEv ent CancelEvent)[/quote] Code: 11:42:47 AM Friday, April 19, 2013: [SDKSetup:Error] Config_Products_Install: Windows SDK Setup (failed): Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information. Stack: at SDKSetup.Product.ConfigureNewProduct(ManualResetEv ent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.Product.SetupProduct(TaskMode taskMode, ManualResetEvent CancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ProductCollection.SetupProducts(TaskMode taskMode, DownloadManager downloadManager, ManualResetEvent cancelEvent) at SDKSetup.ConfigProducts.DoCurrentTask(TaskMode Task) 69726561646974[/quote]
    You can change that in Windows Update settings. I have it set to download but notify to install.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed.

1. Installation of Windows 7 SDK on Windows 10 failed. - Similar Threads - Installation SDK failed

2. Windows Update installation fails at 7%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installation fails at 7%: Split from this thread. I'm having precisely the same issue, right down to the failure at 7% progress after restart. I've run wufix.bat, so I can, with some confidence, eliminate file corruption as a factor. My log files are linked...
  3. Windows Update installation fails at 7%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update installation fails at 7%: Split from this thread. I'm having precisely the same issue, right down to the failure at 7% progress after restart. I've run wufix.bat, so I can, with some confidence, eliminate file corruption as a factor. My log files are linked...
  4. Windows 10 installation failed from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation failed from Windows 7: Hello, My computer is running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and I want to install Windows 10 Pro. After launching the Media Creation Tool, I start the installer prepare, download, etc., select the option "keep personal files and applications" and then start "install Windows...
  5. Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7: Hi,I'm trying to upgrade my PC from Windows 7, to Windows 10. However, Everytime during the installation process. An error pops up saying Windows 10 installation has failed, no error codes or nothing.Is there any way for me to narrow it down?I've tried this website -...
  6. Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Windows 10 has failed currently on Windows 7: Hi,I'm trying to upgrade my PC from Windows 7, to Windows 10. However, Everytime during the installation process. An error pops up saying Windows 10 installation has failed, no error codes or nothing.Is there any way for me to narrow it down?I've tried this website -...
  7. Windows 10 SDK not detected after installing

Windows 10 SDK not detected after installing: Hi, Just yesterday I was installing a program on my Windows 10 PC, called CryEngine, a game development software. During the installation, it gave a list of dependencies, that needed to be installed. One of them was a Windows SDK, more specifically, two different SDKs to...
  8. Windows 10 installation has failed at 77% in windows 7

Windows 10 installation has failed at 77% in windows 7: I'm having laptop initially installed windows 7 ultimate. But i want to install windows 10 in it. I've tried almost 20 times but the failure message is same "Windows 10 installation has failed". I've checked my setuperr log in windows BT folder in c drive and found so many...
  9. Windows SDK installation failed

Windows SDK installation failed: [ATTACH] 4:49:34 PM Wednesday, November 20, 2019: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4:49:34 PM Wednesday, November 20, 2019: [SDKSetup:Info] Begin 4:49:34 PM Wednesday, November 20, 2019: [SDKSetup:Info]...
  10. Installing .NET Core SDK fails.

Installing .NET Core SDK fails.: Hello, I am trying to install the .NET Core SDK version 2.2.203 (latest as of today), but the installation fails immediately with error, "User cancelled installation." with "Retry" and "Cancel" buttons. I did not cancel the installation. Clicking Retry immediately results...