Windows 10: Installation on my wiped hard disk

Discus and support Installation on my wiped hard disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a wiped hard disk and i'm getting stuck at the HP Logo or sometimes it displays a I/O error or sometimes other errors. If you read this post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ayan Zain, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Ayan Zain Win User

Installation on my wiped hard disk

Ayan Zain, Feb 8, 2021

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Feb 8, 2021
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

Hi, to clean install Windows you need to create a bootable flash drive or other medium from which to boot your PC. That's covered at Step 1 of the tutorial shown below (Clean Install..)

Windows 10 Tutorial Index
    - searchable list of tutorials - search that page for
    clean install
    and you will see this as 2nd link found
    Clean Install Windows 10

At step 13/14 you have the option presented to you where you can delete existing partitions.

Note: some suggest- as you have a desktop- physically disconnecting other drives just to ensure Windows is installed exclusively on the one drive.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Installation on my wiped hard disk - Similar Threads - Installation wiped hard

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. Windows installation on a wiped hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation on a wiped hard drive: Hi a few months ago I accidentley used the clean command on my main computer’s hard drive. So one person told me to purchase media or burn it to a storage device you have. Well I purchased the media. But it would just loop into random errors. Whoever knows this problem please...
  5. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes my other hard disk as well?: [ATTACH] So i been trying to reset my windows 10, i chose keep all of personal files. And when i checked the list of the apps that will be remove if i reset my windows, i noticed majority of the apps listed r kept in my D: disc while my windows 10 r installed in C: disc. I...
  6. Will Windows 10 installation wipe my whole hard drive?

Will Windows 10 installation wipe my whole hard drive?: I want to install windows 10 on my hard drive which contains has various ntfs and ext4 partitions. I have created a separate ntfs partition for installing windows. But I'm concerned that installing windows might format my other partitions. Thanks in advance....
  7. Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?: [IMG] submitted by /u/colmoriordan194 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu4iv5/safe_to_wipe_and_merge_hard_disk_drive/
  8. Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 recovery doesnt wipe my hard-disk: I want to clean re-install windows on my PC. I've already backed up all the files I want onto an external drive, and simply want to wipe ALL files on my internal drive and ssd. I want to then cleanly re-install windows and essentially start from scratch. I went to settings...
  9. Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows: I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload Windows and cleared all the partitions, so my computer should be completely blank. Except every time I try to reinstall...
  10. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...