Windows 10: Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home

Discus and support Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The winedt.exe LaTeX editor is a free install and free use licensed for 1 month but I am unable to install any 64 bit version of winedt on a windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RalphZero, Oct 12, 2020.

1. RalphZero Win User

Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home

The winedt.exe LaTeX editor is a free install and free use licensed for 1 month but I am unable to install any 64 bit version of winedt on a windows 10 Pro OS but have no problem installing or using 64 bit versions on a couple of machines using the windows 10 home OS. The version I have last worked with is windedt103-64.exe downloaded from Winedt.org after downloading and installing a windows version of MikTeX 2.9 from MikTex.org.

Winedt generates a TeX text file for processing by MikTeX into a final PDF format. Troubleshooting compatibility and executing in Administrative mode leads to deletion of the winedt.exe installer file. No problems encountered for installation of MikTeX. The window "Allow winedt install to make changes" is the last window to appear and disappear prior to deletion of the installer.

Help with this issue will be appreciated.

:)

RalphZero, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home

1. Installation problem for windows 10 Pro but no problem for windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Installation problem Pro

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro activation problem

Windows 10 Home to Pro activation problem: I recently purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store.The update applied was to Windows 10 Enterprise, which 1. I obviously didn't want2. is not in any case available to retail customers from the Store3. has resulted in a Windows...
  6. Problems with Windows 10 bot home and pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Windows 10 bot home and pro: Three time I have been told my pin or password was wrong, and so I was prevented from booting up windows. In each case the pin or password was correct. There was nothing I could do, so had to start a new installation. I have had my activation code rejected when it was valid...
  7. Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop one and half years ago which comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. On the month of October, 2019 I purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store and my OS was smoothly upgraded. A few days back I reinstalled Windows 10 again in my machine with...
  8. Window 10 home Installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 home Installation problem: Hii first sorry for my cute ENGLISH. my pc just 6 month old and it's a DOC Unit. From last 6 month i used window 10 pro (What came from retailer) but suddenly keyboard of my pc not working. I contact HP Care they told me to installed a ORIGINAL Window. I buy that from AMAZON...
  9. Windows 10 Pro / Home Activation Problem

Windows 10 Pro / Home Activation Problem: 'Ello, I'm having an issue with Windows activation here. About a year or less ago I randomly woke up to find an "Activate Windows" menu on my screen after me having used Windows with a product key/digital license for a long time (note, I had recently upgraded my hard drive)....
  10. Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem: When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this connection requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol that could expose my pc to attacks. As I have a total of 7 NAS units storing my...