Windows 10: Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10

Discus and support Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Despite following all the instructions to install the latest driver from Canon, Windows is not recognising the scanner.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CyndyKitt, Sep 28, 2020.

1. CyndyKitt Win User

Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10

Despite following all the instructions to install the latest driver from Canon, Windows is not recognising the scanner.

:)

CyndyKitt, Sep 28, 2020

2. CanoScan 8800F - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to find the “CanoScan 8800F” printer drivers from manufacturers website, which are compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 28, 2020
  3. CanoScan 8800f fails to scan slides Windows 10

Hello Leo,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What are the steps performed to resolve the issue?

• Did you check if the issue persists on updating the scanner driver from the Device manager?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the scanner with the current Windows operating system. Installing the compatible and updated device drivers will result in smooth and enhanced performance of the device on the operating
    system.

Cannon has not released compatible drivers for
    CanoScan 8800F
    scanner which is operable on Windows 10 OS. You will still be able to run the scanner on Windows 10 in
    Compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to install the touchpad driver in
    compatibility mode.

• Download the latest and most compatible device driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website for Windows 8.1 OS or locate the driver setup file of the previously installed OS in your PC.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      Properties.

• Click on the Compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once the driver is installed in compatibility mode,
      restart the PC for the effective changes to take place.

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from step 2 from the article
      Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to download the driver software for CanoScan 8800F:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...pport-scanners-canoscan-series/canoscan-8800f

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10

Windows no longer recoginizing HP Scanner

I have a Canoscan 5600F that has been working on my Windows 10 Home PC for years. All of a sudden it is no longer recognized. When I check under device manager the scanner is listed as working correctly. Have tried loading the newest driver from the
    manufacturer. The problem appears to conincide with the installation of Version 1903 on 9/22/19.

ShirleyEdwards2, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10

1. Installation problems with Canoscan 5600F and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installation problems Canoscan

2. CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CanoScan 4200F for Windows 10: I've looked through the threads but can't seem to find my answer. Today I inherited CanoScan 4200F, which isn't compatible with Windows 10. I've no installation CD and can't find any software online to help me get it working. Any ideas? 182719
  3. Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.

Windows 10 not compatible with CanoScan 4400F.: After updating to Windows 10, my scanner did not work. I have seen a possible solution but misplaced the directions. Can anyone help me? I need a scanner and the CanoScanner 4400F has been very useful until Windows 10 update....
  4. CanoScan 8800f Scanner

CanoScan 8800f Scanner: Connected to Windows 10. It will only scan. Cannot get it to copy negatives or slides which it used to do with an earlier version of Windows on another laptop. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. canoscan 9950f

canoscan 9950f: Has there been a work around created for the Canoscan 9950f using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canoscan-9950f/ddfa363e-2199-4c14-8ed0-2d71b62f77ca
  6. HOW TO RUN CANOSCAN 4400F ON WINDOWS 10

HOW TO RUN CANOSCAN 4400F ON WINDOWS 10: I have a Canoscan 4400F in excellent condition with CD driver Version MCD 2.2. My new PC has no CD ROM but only USB Ports. As a pensioner I cant' afford to replace my scanner and rely heavily on it. Please help. Pieter Beukes Cape Town S>A....
  7. How to install CanoScan on Windows 10

How to install CanoScan on Windows 10: I downloaded Cano Lide 120 on my Windows 10 but it does not work. It worked on Windows 7 just fine. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-canoscan-on-windows-10/32b4e4b5-0572-4898-9231-3d32f7e8c12c
  8. Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10

Noncompatibility of Canon Scanner CanoScan Lide25 with Window 10: I have problem installing my Canon scanner to work with Window 10. My scanner is CanoScan lide25. The downloaded driver is not installing. My computer can't locate the scanner at all. Can someone please help me. My system is 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor...
  9. CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64

CanoScan LiDE 35 on Windows 10 x64: Got most of this info from the sevenforums.com, but thought I'd repost here. I was so happy to get this trusty old scanner working, I thought I'd share what worked for me. Original post for getting it working on Windows 8.x: Canoscan LiDE 35 Windows 7 64bit driver Solved...
  10. CanoScan LiDE 50 not working with Windows 10

CanoScan LiDE 50 not working with Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to scan a test document with my CanoScan LiDE 50 and when I try to click Scan a message box pops up that says "Sources" with nothing in it. The buttons on my CanoScan also don't work. Please help. Thanks! Edit: I'm on the Windows 10 Creators Update...