Windows 10: Installation seems to have stalled.

Discus and support Installation seems to have stalled. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In 'Windows Update', the download has completed. It says it is preparing for installation but the process doesn't seem to be progressing at all. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by love2learn, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Installation seems to have stalled.

In 'Windows Update', the download has completed. It says it is preparing for installation but the process doesn't seem to be progressing at all. It's stuck at about 1/3rd. My net isn't that fast but long should the process take if the download is already complete?

Should I click on stop download and start again? Or try disconnecting and reconnecting to the router?

:)

love2learn, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Katsuo02 Win User

Can't install Windows Update (KB3097617)

well the update I was tring to stall seems to have installed but now the next lot of update will not install im starting to hate windows 10

Katsuo02, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update seems to be stalled

• Check to ensure there is disk activity (look at the hard disk LED light to confirm. If there is, keep waiting. If setup go beyond 2 to 3 hours, try the following steps.
    • Power down the computer. Unplug it, then wait 20 mins to 1 hour.
    • Disconnect it from the Internet (unplug Ethernet or turn off Wi-Fi).
    • Plug it again, ensure it remains disconnected from the Internet then start computer.
    • See if it completes setup.
    • If setup completes and you see the desktop with the ability to click Start and launch programs, proceed to reconnect to the Internet.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Installation seems to have stalled.

Disconnecting and reconnecting from my router helped jog it a bit or maybe clicking on the upgrade now button again helped but it's stuck again. Is this normal? *Huh

Turns out the download ends at 12am according to my local timezone so I've changed my computer timezone instead and got an additional 10 hours to upgrade. *sarc

Update: The upgrade was successful.

love2learn, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Installation seems to have stalled.

1. Installation seems to have stalled. - Similar Threads - Installation seems stalled

2. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  3. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  4. i seem to have installed pro instead of home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i seem to have installed pro instead of home: hi all me again i had a problem with an update and the kind person from microsoft sorted it but to cut a long story short,he advised me to run the repair programme which i did . i could have sworn i hadd pro installed when i bought this pc so i chose pro. now win10 wont...
  5. i seem to have installed home instead of pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i seem to have installed home instead of pro: i was unable to install an update so a kind guy from microsoft helped me out. after he told me to go to below which i did.but the link you gave me installed home edition.works fine but.... i purchased pro way back in 2016. still have receipt but no activation code given ???...
  6. Windows 10 install stalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install stalled: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro full version on a new harddrive from a DVD. I get the messages that a media driver is missing and then when I browse that no device drivers were found....
  7. update 1809 keeps stalling i have gone through the trouble shooter but still stalls...

update 1809 keeps stalling i have gone through the trouble shooter but still stalls...: i have gone through the trouble shooter but still stalls... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1809-keeps-stalling-i-have-gone-through-the/352cd46c-02ad-4844-b43f-364323eaa40f
  8. KB4458469 seems to have "installed" ~700 times?

KB4458469 seems to have "installed" ~700 times?: Hi, one of a few questions submitting today re: a new HP x360 Spectre convertible laptop I purchased Dec 8 and have been trying to set up. Already did a reinstall and now even more questions. OEM Win10 home and McAfee trial pre-installed. Win10 install history doesn't show...
  9. Windows 10 installation stalls

Windows 10 installation stalls: I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??

Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??: I upgraded my machine to windows 10 and then started a clean install. I created a bootable usb drive with the iso image and rebooted the machine using the usb drive. That was 4 hours ago and I am not sure if anything is happening. There is nothing being output to my monitor....