Windows 10: Installation stuck at "Finishing up"

Discus and support Installation stuck at "Finishing up" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I just had my tower bricket by some malware and I have been trying to reinstall Windows ever since. After hours of trying to format my USB to Fat32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M. Zornig, Jun 10, 2021.

1. M. Zornig Win User

Installation stuck at "Finishing up"

Hi,I just had my tower bricket by some malware and I have been trying to reinstall Windows ever since. After hours of trying to format my USB to Fat32 from a Mac no access to a pc, using Honeybrew to split the install.wim file so I can copy onto my USB, having to convert my drive to gpt through command prompt and a million other hurdles, I am now in the windows install window.I am done with "copying windows files", i am done with "Getting files ready for installation", I am done with "Installing features" and I am done with "installing updates" and on the VERY LAST STEP of the installation,

:)

M. Zornig, Jun 10, 2021
  2. equoox Win User

2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

Installation stuck at "Finishing up" [​IMG]

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

equoox, Jun 10, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Installation stuck at "Finishing up"

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Installation stuck at "Finishing up"

1. Installation stuck at "Finishing up" - Similar Threads - Installation stuck Finishing

2. Windows 10 Install Loop at finishing up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Loop at finishing up: Hello!I am having issues installing windows. Whenever I go through the process of installing the product, it’ll go to finishing up, restart, and i’ll end up right back at the installation screen.I’ve read numerous posts but haven’t seem to found a solution....
  3. Windows 10 Install Loop at finishing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Install Loop at finishing up: Hello!I am having issues installing windows. Whenever I go through the process of installing the product, it’ll go to finishing up, restart, and i’ll end up right back at the installation screen.I’ve read numerous posts but haven’t seem to found a solution....
  4. Windows 10 Install Loop at finishing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Installation Stuck at Getting Finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Installation Stuck at Getting Finish: Hello everyone! I have been having this short problem about downloading windows 10, I have a a68hm-e33 v2 mobo a8-7500 amd cpu 12 gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz and a 80 gb hdd. I have asked my friend to help me with this problem but he said "Remove the usb when its done at Getting...
  6. Windows 10 Installation Stuck at Getting Finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Installation Stuck at Getting Finish: Hello everyone! I have been having this short problem about downloading windows 10, I have a a68hm-e33 v2 mobo a8-7500 amd cpu 12 gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz and a 80 gb hdd. I have asked my friend to help me with this problem but he said "Remove the usb when its done at Getting...
  7. Windows 10 Installation Stuck at Getting Finish

8. Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing

Can't update. 20h2 stuck on Requires a restart to finish installing: Hello there,I just got a new pc with 64 bit win 10 Home Ver 1709 os 16299.1127, i7 6700 @3.4GHz and after trying to update, I am getting \Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows...
  9. How to finish install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to finish install: How do I finish Install when I get message when ypu get message Set up incomplete because of metered connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-finish-install/bd108ae6-8d7a-458d-8d5a-8cdfd1b46274
  10. KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing"

KB4284848 stuck at "Requires a restart to finish installing": Is there an way how to fix this issue? How do i stuck here? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb4284848-stuck-at-requires-a-restart-to-finish/24d29903-906a-44a3-953d-067648a9e99c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows setup gets stuck at finishing up

2. windows installer finishing up too much time

3. WHY WINDOWS XP GETS STUCK ON FINISHING INSTALLATION

4. windows stuck on finishing installation