Windows 10: Installation/Upgrade Question?

Discus and support Installation/Upgrade Question? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am in the process of buying a new 1TB m-2 NVMe SSD to replace my present 120GB SSD. Which of the options in the Installation tutorials in the forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by saltyseadog, May 4, 2021.

1. Installation/Upgrade Question?

I am in the process of buying a new 1TB m-2 NVMe SSD to replace my present 120GB SSD. Which of the options in the Installation tutorials in the forum above would be the simplest one for me install considering I am a 71yr old pensioner and although I have built three of my own computers now I do not keep up with the latest tech in this regard. My OS is Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS build 19042.906) and I am wanting to avoid a reinstallation from my installation disk and then have to install over 5yrs of updates manually. If there was a way to copy my present install to the new SSD card it would be appreciated, if not what is the simplest way to do it?.

:)

saltyseadog, May 4, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 5, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 5, 2021
  4. Installation/Upgrade Question?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Installation/Upgrade Question?

1. Installation/Upgrade Question? - Similar Threads - Installation Upgrade Question

2. Win10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 upgrade questions: I built my current computer back in 2013 to meet my requirements, not some conference table definition of a gaming system or a workstation or a grandma's system or whatever. My objective was that it would last for a long time and it has. Until the last Win10 update it was...
  3. Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Install/upgrade 20H2 question: If I was to download the current version of the Media Creation Tool as of today from the Microsoft website and create USB installation media. Can I use it to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 20H2, put it on one side and if I have any future issues, can I also use...
  4. Questions about upgrading/installing Windows 10

Questions about upgrading/installing Windows 10: I have an unactivated version of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell laptop. How do I go about installing and activating Windows 10 Pro? I'm planning on downloading it from the Microsoft website. Will I need to restore my previous operating system, which was Windows 7? Will I lose...
  5. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  6. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  7. Upgrade question

Upgrade question: I have windows 10 version 1903. can I do an upgrade 9252 or would it be better to try and fix the update problem I am having. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-question/1d93fd58-f35f-49ff-8b20-102891fa1201
  8. Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to Windows 10 installation question: To introduce myself, I am a 75 year old, grey haired wrinkly with a little computer knowledge but not too much. Please forgive me if this question seems trivial to some of you. Like many of you, I have the opportunity to upgrade to Windows 10 and, I intend to do it once...
  9. upgrade questions

upgrade questions: 1) If I put Win 10 on a full partition or as a dual boot can I go back at anytime [single Win7 partition]? 2) I'm planning to create Win 7, Win 10 dual boot on this laptop.Currently, Win 7 Ultimate, 64 bit, on a Del Precision M6300; disk 700GB with 121GB filled. Have Win 10...
  10. Upgrade Question

Upgrade Question: I have two identical HP Elite desktop 800 PC's one has Windows 10 installed. I also have a recovery drive canI use that recovery drive to install Windows 10 on the other PC? 31052