Windows 10: Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -...

Discus and support Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE Tablet s/n: HA0DGA3W - O\S : Windows 10 Family 32bit System Memory: 32 Go Background: The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by code_36, Jun 29, 2020.

1. code_36 Win User

Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -...

System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE Tablet s/n: HA0DGA3W - O\S : Windows 10 Family 32bit System Memory: 32 Go

Background: The objective was to reinstall Windows 10 using the «RESET» function.

Intent: The idea of reinstalling was to integrate the version 1909 update. All previous updates 17??, 1803, 1903, etc had failed. Each time, I ended up reinstalling the latest version of Windows 10. The latest version contained the recent updates. I decided to use the «Reset» function.

What happened : Everything seemed to be going well, but suddenly there was an error message not enough time to jot it down: the installation could not be done. Then another message too quick to be noted. Then the dotted circle and the message « undoing changes made to your portable computer » This is where it is stuck. I left the procedure run for 18 hours and it still was stuck.

The tablet can be turned off, but when it is turned back on, it does not boot into startup; instead, it immediately picks up at the same spot: dotted circle going around + message « undoing changes made to your computer ». I tried the Hard Shut Down procedure several times but even that does not work: the tablet goes into the « undoing changes ... .. » routine

The usb installation/ repair key, which had been prepared beforehand is of no help because the tablet cannot read it. I would have to change the BOOT order, but that appears to be impossible. I can get into the BIOS start+volume up buttons, but the BOOT MENU has only one option: «Windows Boot Manager ». When I click on that single option, the tablet goes into the stuck routine: « Undoing changes made to your portable computer »

That's not all: the bluetooth keyboard is not communicating with the tablet. It is not responding at all. I can connect a USB keyboard to the tablet, but that doesn't give me any more options. Is there any way that I can recover this tablet????

:)

code_36, Jun 29, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 29, 2020
  3. MI5
    mi5 Win User
    Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail

System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE s/n: HA0DGA3W (Tablet) -
    O\S : Windows 10 32bit
    System Memory: 32 Go

Background: The objective was to reinstall Windows 10 using the «RESET» function.

Intent:
    The idea of reinstalling was to integrate the version 1909 update. All previous updates (17??, 1803, 1903, etc) had failed. Each time, I ended up simply reinstalling the latest version of Windows 10. The latest version contained the recent updates. I decided to use the «Reset» function.

What happened :
    Everything seemed to be going well, but suddenly there was an error message (not enough time to jot it down): the installation could not be done. Then another message (too quick to be noted). Then the dotted circle and the message «undoing changes made to your portable computer» This is where it is stuck. I left the procedure run for 18 hours and it still was stuck.

The tablet can be turned off, but when it is turned back on, it immediately picks up at the same spot: dotted circle going around + message «undoing changes made to your computer».

I had prepared a usb installation media/ repair key, but the tablet will not read it. I can get into the BIOS with the intention of changing the BOOT order, but it's impossible. The BOOT MENU in the BIOS has only one option: «Windows Boot Manager». When I click on that single option, the tablet goes into the stuck routine: «undoing changes made to your portable computer»

That's not all: the bluetooth keyboard is not communicating with the tablet. It is not responding at all. I can connect a USB keyboard to the tablet, but that doesn't give me any more options.

Is there any way that I can recover this tablet? Thank you!​

4. Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -...

Windows update KB4041691 failing

Does it undo the changes at restart? Have a look at:

www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/06/fix-windows-update-says-undoing-changes.html

For the Feature upgrade, what I would suggest is to:

• Disconnect all unnecessary devices prior to the upgrade.
    • Remove any 3rd party AV or firewall installed beforehand.
    Most probably the Failing of feature upgrade and undoing changes are interconnected and we just have to find the exact cause. Generally, AVs do not like upgrades.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -...

1. Installation & Upgrade - Windows 10 stuck undoing changes after v1909 update fail -... - Similar Threads - Installation Upgrade stuck

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ...": I tried to Upgrade my Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2604 to Windows 11 via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.After downloading and installing my computer reboots and it displayed "undoing changes made to your computer"then i was in windows 10 again.For clarification: I have...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 fails "Undoing changes ...": I tried to Upgrade my Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2604 to Windows 11 via the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.After downloading and installing my computer reboots and it displayed "undoing changes made to your computer"then i was in windows 10 again.For clarification: I have...
  4. Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635: I have about 15 PCs that will not install any Windows Feature Update 2004...20h2...21h1 21h2 they are stuck on 1909. They are all x86 OS level. I cannot run x64 I do have other systems that have updated without issue. The hardware is the same in all systems where the updates...
  5. Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635: I have about 15 PCs that will not install any Windows Feature Update 2004...20h2...21h1 21h2 they are stuck on 1909. They are all x86 OS level. I cannot run x64 I do have other systems that have updated without issue. The hardware is the same in all systems where the updates...
  6. Windows Updates Fail To Install and Undo Changes KB5003635

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update Failed, Undoing Changes

Update Failed, Undoing Changes: Hello, Recently i have not been able to update my Windows 10 PC. It keeps restarting when the update is downloaded and then says "We Couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".Things i have tried *Deleting software distribution folder* Manually Downloading Updates...
  8. Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail

Stuck «Undoing changes made to your computer» after installation fail: System: Lenovo Yoga 2 1051 Type ZOBE s/n: HA0DGA3W (Tablet) - O\S : Windows 10 32bit System Memory: 32 Go Background: The objective was to reinstall Windows 10 using the RESET function. Intent: [INDENT]The idea of reinstalling was to integrate the version 1909 update. All...
  9. Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update

Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update: This question has been asked before but never answered. My Laptop has just tried to upgrade from version 1803 to 1809 and is now stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer. I can't get anything other than this so no safe mode available. Is there anything I can do other...
  10. Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on "Undoing changes made to your computer" after failed update: Ok, so my timezone is UTC-3, just so you don't get confused. Yesterday, at around 22:30, I was using my PC when Windows force-restarted it to update (I postponed the update like a billion times so I guess that makes sense.) The update was taking a lot of time, but I googled...