Windows 10: Installation USB won't boot

Discus and support Installation USB won't boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10, 64 bit Enterprise evaluation. I extracted the ISO onto a USB drive which though won't boot. I see a blinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Georgey, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Georgey Win User

Installation USB won't boot

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10, 64 bit Enterprise evaluation.
    I extracted the ISO onto a USB drive which though won't boot. I see a blinking hyphen but nothing happens.
    I can start from my existing Windows 8.1 via File Explorer clicking Setup, when however the installation reaches to restart I'm stuck again with the blinking hyphen. After restarting manually, the system says it failed at reboot.
    From the same USB port my old Windows 8.1 installation boots correctly.

If I may ask another question. I have some apparently irrecoverable issue with my Windows 8.1. So, I'd prefer to wipe and reformat the system drive before installing Windows 10. How can I do that?

Many thanks for all.

:)

Georgey, Jun 17, 2019
  2. scraff Win User

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Jun 17, 2019
  3. my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Jun 17, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Installation USB won't boot - Similar Threads - Installation USB won't

2. Won't Boot Due to USB Error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't Boot Due to USB Error?: I had a technician come test my PSU. Now my computer won't boot, and the error reads: Over Current Have Been Detected On You USB Device. Computer will shut down in 15 Seconds. I took out every USB device hooked up, but I still get the error. The computer did boot once, but in...
  3. PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  4. Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  5. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  6. Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Rescue USB Won't Boot: Today I received a new Alienware r11 PC, UEFI Firmware. I created a Macrium Rescue USB but when I tried to boot from it the option wasn't available. I've disable Secure Boot but other then that I've done nothing to the firmware since this is my first UEFI PC. These are the...
  7. Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb: Trying to boot a win 10 ver. 2004 (may 2020) installer from a USB and even tried booting from a DVD. It gets stuck before the installer opens, just a frozen screen with either the motherboard logo or the blue windows logo. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ver. 2.0 I have...
  8. USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB won't boot: A USB an MP3 I have been using on my computer all day now is not being reconised by the computetr and will not boot up. Is there anything I can do to get it to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wont-boot/c7dd79f9-1041-47cb-a4d3-38273f2a517c
  9. Boot Disc/USB won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Disc/USB won't start: When the computer tries to load windows I get error: 0xc000000e and I have the options to 1 Enter and try again (Does nothing) 2 F1 to enter Recovery Environment (Turns the computer off) 3 F8 for Startup seetings (Nothing) 4 Press Esc to enter UEFI Firmware settings...
  10. USB recovery boot drive won't boot

USB recovery boot drive won't boot: I wasn't sure which forum to put this into. I created a backup image on a usb hard drive. I wanted to be able to restore it using a usb recovery thumb drive. I used the create usb recovery tool and created the recovery flash drive. When I try to boot from the flash drive I...