Windows 10: Installation W10 from USB drive

Discus and support Installation W10 from USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven HP laptop HP Pavilion g6 with BIOS InsydeH20 rev 3.5. I did not succeed to boot from USB drive for installing W10 Pro original license. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by George_322, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Installation W10 from USB drive

I haven HP laptop HP Pavilion g6 with BIOS InsydeH20 rev 3.5.

I did not succeed to boot from USB drive for installing W10 Pro original license. I tried all alternatives and it seems that it does not support booting from USB drive.

What alternatives do I have? Thanks.

:)

George_322, Apr 15, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Its weird tho cause I have no problem with installing from disc. I did change it back to boot from HDD. I really dont want to uninstall all my components, kinds defeats the purpose of installing from usb. it would take longer to disconnect and reconnect after install then it would to just install from dvd.

Do you think its beacuse the drive was formated in ntfs, thats the only step I did different from the OP. Well that and the bootsect /nt60 command before coping files.

heres they way I went, probly have to try it fat32

launch diskpart.exe)
    select disk 1 (or your USB drive number, use list disk to get it)
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition=1
    active
    format fs=ntfs
    assign
    exit

Now that the drive is boot aware, we have to initialize its boot sector with the Windows boot manager (BOOTMGR), using the Bootsect.exe utility located in the boot directory of the Vista installation DVD. We have to tell the utility that our target drive is NTFS formatted:

bootsect.exe /nt60 f:

ShRoOmAlIsTiC, Apr 15, 2020
  4. 7.62 Win User

Installation W10 from USB drive

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Installation W10 from USB drive

1. Installation W10 from USB drive - Similar Threads - Installation W10 USB

2. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  3. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  4. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Installing W10 from USB - error 0x8007000D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing W10 from USB - error 0x8007000D: [ATTACH] Hello, I am running Ubuntu linux but want to switch partially to Windows for some video games that i can't run correctly on my Os. I downloaded and flashed the ISO, but for some reason this is happening when the installation starts --- i looked for days through...
  6. Method of preventing W10 install USB drives from taking D:, E: etc.

Method of preventing W10 install USB drives from taking D:, E: etc.: This is quite frustrating. The Windows install assigns the first drive letter after C: to the USB drive it installs from. I want D:,E:,F: etc. available for secondary system drives without having to do 2-3 drive letter switches in Disk Management or unmounting the drive, as I...
  7. Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive - Can I use the same flash drive to install W10 on...

Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive - Can I use the same flash drive to install W10 on...: I have already successfully installed W10 64 Pro on one system, using the W10 USB flash drive. Can I use this same W10 USB flash drive to install W10 on another, different computer system? If so, I assume I would need a new product key - how could I obtain this? Thank you!...
  8. Re-Installing W10 from USB onto a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Re-Installing W10 from USB onto a VM: I have - a licensed/activated Windows 10 10586.545 Dutch as VM (Ultimate version) - Windows 10 anniversary update English, on USB (created using Media Creation Tool) I would like the Dutch .545 be replaced by English Anniversary Update version. Resetting the VM...
  9. Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?

Clean install of W10 - Unable to boot from USB drive?: Hi all, first post, so hoping I'm in the right place :/ ... I'm literally pulling what hair I have left out with this, normally this is a routine task for me, but I'm well and truly stumped, so thought I'd ask a Windows 10 community ... I have Windows 10 Education x64,...
  10. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean installation booting from usb stick