Windows 10: Installations are on a faulty drive

Discus and support Installations are on a faulty drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My 3 TB drive got faulty, and it was slowing down my PC. Long story short I had to disable/unplug it. The problem is, that almost all my stuff is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by takizoli, Mar 27, 2020.

1. takizoli Win User

Installations are on a faulty drive

My 3 TB drive got faulty, and it was slowing down my PC. Long story short I had to disable/unplug it. The problem is, that almost all my stuff is installed there. What to do in situations like these? Can I just uninstall the programs and re-install them on a different drive?

:)

takizoli, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Cheriseru Win User

Faulty harddrives

Thanks for the suggestion but as I stated the drive doesn't show up in Disk management. I just tried the Diskpart steps and it's not listed on there either

Cheriseru, Mar 27, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 27, 2020
  4. tengeezer Win User

How to view 2nd drive?

Nope, not listed.

About half an hour ago I checked to see whether it's faulty, so ran it as a primary drive in AHCI mode. Win10 installed perfectly, in just a few minutes. So drive is fine.

tengeezer, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Installations are on a faulty drive - Similar Threads - Installations are faulty

2. Faulty zipcode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty zipcode: Somewhere in Windows 10 AND Windows 11, there is a faulty zip code that has "PQMQW63PY".I must change it every time it fills in my address. Where is that? Can I change it or delete it?...
  3. Onedrive is faulty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive is faulty: [ATTACH] I need help, I don't know why onedrive is faulty. in the morning I still feel fine and no problem happens, when I turn on the computer again it happens this error....
  4. Windows and faulty? drives

Windows and faulty? drives: Hey guys, Ive a question that has bothered me for years. If I have a faulty? drive active, even if its not the one windows is installed on, windows will regularily freeze and crash the explorer while everything is extremly slow. I dont want to hate, but on Linux there is no...
  5. Windows installation is faulty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation is faulty: I've had a Dell Latitude E6540 for half a year now running with Ubuntu flawlessly. Just the other day I decided do install Windows 10 un dual boot. So I created a new partition slightly over 250 GB large as NTFS I dont have UEFI currently and created an installig stick for...
  6. Faulty computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Faulty computer: I recently bought a labtop from Microsoft but it has a faulty battery and I cant connect to the I internet. I would like an exchange how do I go about getting one or getting in contact with Microsoft....
  7. Faulty cam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Faulty cam: Hello there so my camera is not working. I have tried what microsoft prescribed as it is a built-in cam. the methods worked once but now they do not. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faulty-cam/4be9d086-dffd-477e-ba37-52ce8f2957ef
  8. Unsure if my Hard Drive or RAM is Faulty?

Unsure if my Hard Drive or RAM is Faulty?: Hi everyone, The last few months when trying to use my computer its been acting very strange. For example ill have disappearing text, things take a while to open, freezing, stuttering in game etc etc. Sometimes this strange thing will happen where ill be on Discord and my...
  9. Faulty install dvd

Faulty install dvd: Every single time when I have to reinstall Win10 or install it to another PC intel or amd, doesn't matter I have to manage the very same problem with the OS. So it's not a hardware problem but the installation dvd problem. How to get a new one? Obviously I don't want to buy a...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a faulty hard drive takes to long

Windows 10 installation on a faulty hard drive takes to long: Hello my hard drive is almost gone and tried to install windows again to recover some data from laptop from d volume , also deleted c volume to install windows again. Laptop works very slow and windows is taking ages to install, like 1% per hour is going up on getting...