Windows 10: Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly

Discus and support Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have been using Win 10 several months with good success. System set up with two 2TB external USB3 drives. Recently upgraded to 1903. Now one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WMead2, Aug 17, 2019.

1. WMead2 Win User

Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly

Have been using Win 10 several months with good success. System set up with two 2TB external USB3 drives. Recently upgraded to 1903. Now one of the drives mounts normally, and the other doesn't. The troublesome drive shows up in the USB connections list with the correct device name, but the secondary description is missing. The drive does not show up in the Disk Management window. Tried reformatting the drive that won't mount, using a Win 7 machine. Drive works perfectly there, but even after reformatting, it still isn't recognized by win 10 after the upgrade. Need help!

:)

WMead2, Aug 17, 2019

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Drive not mounted

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that WD passport and
    Seagate Free Agent Goflex Desk drive not mounted in the event window. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• As you are able to find the drivers in device manager, are you able to find the drivers in Disk management also?
    Please refer the suggestions given by
    Imran Chand in the below link and check if that helps.

External HDD will not mount on one machine

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly

External Hard Drive is not getting recognized properly.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Connect your external hard drive to a different USB and check if that helps. Also connect the hard dive to a different pc and check are you able to access the files.

Method 1: To check if the hard drive is visible in Disk management.

1. Press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc

2. Check if your hard drive is listed.

Method 2: I suggest you to try changing the drive letter of the drive and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to change the drive letter:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click on
    Disk Management

b. Right click on the external drive and click on Change Drive letter and paths.

c. Click on Change the button.

d. Under Assign the following Drive letter, select the desired drive letter.

e. Click Ok to save changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thanks

Anusha Verma, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly

1. Installed 1903 and 1 of 2 external drives does not mount properly - Similar Threads - Installed 1903 external

2. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  3. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  4. SATA drive mounting and dismounting not working properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SATA drive mounting and dismounting not working properly.: Hi, I have been having issues with windows 10 not detecting the mounting and dismounting of hot swap SATA drives. I have a 3 drive internal hotswap cage that is directly wired to 3 SATA ports on my motherboard. Hotswap is enabled in BIOS for all ports, However Windows cannot...
  5. External drives not ejecting properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External drives not ejecting properly.: The title explains the point. I have a WD Elements external HDD (3TB), and in any windows 10 machine it refuses to eject properly. I don’t wanna just disconnect it without letting the drive spin down as a lot of important files and backups i have in it. In event viewer it...
  6. Can't mount external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount external hard drive: An external USB hard drive has been used for a number of years to regularly archive data on a Linux Debian system. The latest attempt to archive data gave the following error :- mount /media/backup mount : can't find UUID=0688802088800FFB Why does this error occur and how...
  7. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. My desktop shortcurts point to D:\myPortableProgsPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  8. mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    mount/unmount external drive instead of internal drive automatically: Hi to all, I have lot of portable tools and data on my external drive which I use with my work and home PC. Both PCs have one built in drive with a C and D partition. So many of my desktop shortcurts point to D:\myAppPath\... to call those portable programs. The local built...
  9. External USB drive wont mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB drive wont mount: Windows 10 Version 1909 OS18363.720 My 16tb glyph drive is formated for Exfat and all partitions mount on Mac laptop BUT on my windows 10 PC I only see 2 partitions of 16 and I am not able to ifx in disk manager or by scanning the disks. I read that this Windows Version...
  10. External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost: How do you find an external hard drive after you change the drive letter and path in disk management? I need to find this in order to recover a very important file. When I plug in the external hard drive now, it does not show up in This PC. When I try to scan with Recuva,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 Seagate External Drives wont show