Windows 10: Installed 2nd internal HD SSD

Discus and support Installed 2nd internal HD SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've installed a 2nd HD in my Acer ATC-710, It is not recognized by Windows 10. Help please. Doug Reed *** Email address is removed for privacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DougReed3, Nov 8, 2020.

1. DougReed3 Win User

Installed 2nd internal HD SSD

I've installed a 2nd HD in my Acer ATC-710, It is not recognized by Windows 10. Help please.

Doug Reed

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DougReed3, Nov 8, 2020
  2. SB510 Win User

Make 2nd internal drive the primary storage location

Hi,

I plan on using a PC for recording music only.

I have the OS on a small 250gb SSD.

I have a 2nd larger 1TB internal HDD that is more suitable for storage.

I want to put the music software on the SSD only, and use the bigger 2nd drive for storing files and stuff.

How can I make Windows choose the 2nd HD as a default storage location, instead of the main system drive?

I'm sure many do this all the time, but in my last install, all the default Windows locations: Music, Pictures, Document, Downloads etc, all ended up on the main system drive.

Thanks for any help!

Shawna

SB510, Nov 8, 2020
  3. ProxCor3 Win User
    Reformatting SSD and not HD

Hello there!

I have an MSI Laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 500gb HD.

I have windows installed on my SSD and personal files on my HD. But now my SSD is almost full i wish to format it / reinstall windows 10 on it for a fresh start, but without losing the data on my HD.

I have been using Mac OSX for the past ten and am very out of touch of windows.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be awesome.

Many thanks.

Alex

ProxCor3, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Installed 2nd internal HD SSD

Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

Hi Microsoft,

I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer.

I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will install to new computer.

What must step/procedure be followed to successfully the installation at new computer?

Thank you.

AriefSulistyawan, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Installed 2nd internal HD SSD

1. Installed 2nd internal HD SSD - Similar Threads - Installed 2nd internal

2. Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner: I have 2 internal physical HDDs equally sized. Internal physical HDD #1 drive c:\ is for the Windows OS and existing programs etc. Drive #2, is the 2nd internal physical HDD drive E:\ is for Windows backups/restore points. I was hoping to also backup my personal data/files on...
  3. Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup on 2nd INTERNAL HDD spinner: I have 2 internal physical HDDs equally sized. Internal physical HDD #1 drive c:\ is for the Windows OS and existing programs etc. Drive #2, is the 2nd internal physical HDD drive E:\ is for Windows backups/restore points. I was hoping to also backup my personal data/files on...
  4. Unable to see 2nd internal HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see 2nd internal HDD: After a failed game installation from steam in to my PC, I am now unable to see my 2nd internal HDD at all in 'This PC'. I did encounter multiple disk check during reboot and also went through with it, however, now I am unable to see it/access the drive....
  5. Unable to see 2nd internal HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see 2nd internal HDD: After a failed game installation from steam in to my PC, I am now unable to see my 2nd internal HDD at all in 'This PC'. I did encounter multiple disk check during reboot and also went through with it, however, now I am unable to see it/access the drive....
  6. A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?: Is there a way that wouldn t screw up dual boot? How about the drivers? i have USBC interface on both the laptop and ext SSD. And I want to install W10 on the SSD while having Fedora on the internal SSD. 180379
  7. Internal SSD HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal SSD HD: I have an Asus which appears to have internally shorted out. The SSD HD has a ribbon cable attached. From what Ive been reading, I may be able to use this drive externally in a little case with a usb (sata-usb) device. Is this possible? The windows 10 operating system also...
  8. Replacing notebook HD with SSD (use HD for internal storage)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing notebook HD with SSD (use HD for internal storage): A mobile workstation came with 750 GB HD and 32 GB flash cache. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...tation/5387509 There are two HD bays. One has the HD in a chassis and the other is empty (no chassis). The 32 GB SSD is flash cache. It cannot be used for storage. The...
  9. 2nd SSD installation causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd SSD installation causing BSOD: Hello, I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 7591 laptop. The laptop has room for two M.2 NVMe PCIe 3x4 drives, one of which has been filled by the SSD that came with the laptop, and an additional space for a 2.5" Sata hard drive therefore giving me 3 drives for storage. This...
  10. Internal Or External HD Addition ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Or External HD Addition ?: Hello, New desktop pc that came with 1 TB HD. Debating installing another internal 1 TB HD vs just using an external one. Lots of Photos, and another user with lots of video, etc. The only advantage that I can see for another internal one is that it is probably...