Windows 10: Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

Discus and support Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrathamBhalla, May 18, 2020.

1. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a clean install of windows from my recovery Drive. but still facing the issue

:)

PrathamBhalla, May 18, 2020

2. 1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

I have Windows 10 32 bit installed in my laptop. I upgraded the memory to 2+2gb. It has two slots. BIOS Says that the RAM is 4gb Installed. But in my windows it looks different. It has 4gb, 2.98gb Usable. I try to replugging the RAM. After it, the usable
    RAM is 1.71gb of 4gb ram. I have tried to uncheck maximum memory in MsConfig, but nothing was happened. You can see the shared memory in the image below. I tried to open the bios, it says 4 gb of ram installed. My laptop is Lenovo B40-45 with AMD APU A8-6410
    Processor. How to solve the problem? Help me please

Faizz Jazadi, May 18, 2020
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, May 18, 2020
  4. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

7gb ram 3gb usable

I set up a new ram thats 7gb and it says 3gb usable I tried everything from youtube vids to the questions I used
    windows+R (msconfig) way did not work I tried everything and it's not working I really need help, please.

windows 10 pro Optiplex 755

system type:32-bit operating system, x64 based processor.

processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60 Hz.

I hope that gonna help

thanks

really need help

badhacker17, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

1. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable - Similar Threads - Installed 4GB RAM

2. I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?: My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram. recently i installed 8 GB ram but now only usable 3.9GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-12gb-ram-installed-4gb-onboard-but-only/d5642f3a-7c88-4ab6-8e4c-b079300c23cf
  3. I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?: My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram. recently i installed 8 GB ram but now only usable 3.9GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-12gb-ram-installed-4gb-onboard-but-only/d5642f3a-7c88-4ab6-8e4c-b079300c23cf
  4. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  5. Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?: Hi, Did a clean install of Windows 10 in 64 Bit and now on my properties it only says 4GB of Ram are usable instead of the full 8GB. (Pic Attached) I had never seen this before and I did have Win10 installed after upgrading from 8. Decided to do a clean install because...
  6. Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit

Only 4GB RAM usable out of 16? -- using Windows 10 64 bit: So I bought this computer used and just noticed that there is only 4GB of RAM available while the other 12GB is "hardware reserved". I've searched around and tried a few things but nothing is working so far. Here's what I've come up with so far: I've updated the BIOS for...
  7. 4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable

4gb RAM but only 3.47 gb usable: Hi, I have an ASRock H61M-VG3 Mother board with a maximum RAM amount of 16gb. I have 64bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 4gb of RAM but only 3.47 gb Usable. Does anyone know how to help because I would like it fixed because I am upgrading to 16gb Ram, and it would be ridiculous to...
  8. 6GB of RAM installed but only 4.96 usable

6GB of RAM installed but only 4.96 usable: I installed windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have an Acer laptop and I checked the BIOS for any memory options and there's nothing there. The BIOS itself, gives me 6144MB of RAM, so I'm guessing everything is fine. I checked that the max memory tab in MSCONFIG is unchecked....
  9. Only 3.5GB (of 4GB) RAM usable; running Win 10 x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only 3.5GB (of 4GB) RAM usable; running Win 10 x64: Curious, this computer is showing me that only 3.45GB out of 4GB installed memory is actually usable by the OS. It does have Windows 10 x64. Anyone got a fix for this? Laptop CPU: AMD E1-6015 APU 25480
  10. 2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2.2gb Usable out of 4gb RAM.: Hello! I've just installed my windows 10 and since it was running slow on a 2gb ram, I decided to buy a 4gb stick on my 32bit system. Long story short, it only shows 2.2gb usable. 768mb(or something close to that figure) is reserved for the videocard but I think I still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop ram shows 1.7 usable

2. 4gb ram 2.98 usable

3. ram 4gb tapi 2.98 usable

4. Window 10 4Gram but 2.98 usable to fix,
  5. 16gb but can only us 1.71GB,
  6. windows 10 32 bit ram usable