Windows 10: Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy

Discus and support Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping someone can give me some advice on this one. I had a Geforce GTX 560 in my system but I was recently given a GTX 660 Ti - I'm not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alexncfc, Mar 31, 2019.

1. alexncfc Win User

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some advice on this one.

I had a Geforce GTX 560 in my system but I was recently given a GTX 660 Ti - I'm not a massive gamer or anything of that sort, but I thought it'd be a good upgrade, especially for free, so thought why not?

First issue I had was upon installing the "new" card, I powered my system to see it had reset and lost all my UEFI BIOS settings. It said something like "new CPU installed", which obviously wasn't the case - that was when it twigged that probably all my settings had gone, which they had. I have set most of what I can remember to how it was before, but I'm wondering if I've missed something which could be causing the following problem:

Can't put my finger on it, but since having the 660 installed, Windows 10 performance (in general, not graphically) seems a bit off. It's not massive, but it seemed a lot snappier with my old 560 installed. It just seems a bit laggy and unresponsive at times, such as launching programs or clicking on action centre, I am sure there's a definite difference. I've made sure to uninstall the old drivers and installed new ones via Nvidia Geforce Experience app, but it just feels like something isn't right.

All temperatures look good, both fans on the card are running (although upon the first install GPU-Z reported the fans spinning at 0 RPM, which was concerning. I re-seated the graphics card and then it now reports they are running around 10% speed) but I'm just wondering if there's something I might have missed or that you could advise checking.

Thanks!

:)

alexncfc, Mar 31, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti is Available Now in all ORIGIN Desktops

ORIGIN PC is thrilled to announce the launch of the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics card in their award-winning line of desktops for gamers, enthusiasts, artists and professionals. The GeForce GTX 660 Ti is built using the latest Kepler architecture to deliver higher performance, smoother gameplay, and a more lifelike experience in the latest PC games. With a perfect combination of performance, power efficiency, and affordability, the GeForce GTX 660 Ti represents the ultimate "sweet-spot" for all ORIGIN PC customers looking to upgrade or purchase the latest graphics cards on the market today.

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy 82a_thm.jpg

The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Graphics Card features:
    • Almost double the performance than the previous-generation
    • Up to 2x better power efficiency than the previous-generation
    • Supports NVIDIA 3-way SLI offering amazing performance scaling across three GPUs
    • ORIGIN PC Professional GPU Overclocking
    ORIGIN PC is thrilled to be an official launch partner for another great NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card." says Kevin Wasielewski, CEO/Co-Founder of ORIGIN PC. "Increased performance with better power efficiency is just amazing, and adding the ability for 3-way SLI easily makes the GeForce GTX 660 Ti the best value of any card on the market and quite possibly any graphics card ever made."

btarunr, Mar 31, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    EVGA Announces its GeForce GTX 660 Ti Series

Introducing the weapon of choice for gamers – the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. It adds a new dimension to the NVIDIA Kepler-powered family of graphics cards by delivering the ideal fusion of power, performance, and affordability. Experience faster, smoother, richer gaming with innovative NVIDIA technologies like TXAA antialiasing, Adaptive Vertical Sync, and PhysX.

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy 03g-p4-3663-kr_xl_1_1__thm.jpg

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy 03g-p4-3668-kr_xl_1_1__thm.jpg

EVGA is offering a full lineup of GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics cards, including Superclocked, FTW and 3GB models:
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Superclocked 2GB
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW 2GB
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Superclocked+ 3GB
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW+ 3GB
    The EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti graphics card features many new and key features:
    • NVIDIA SMX Engine - Brand new processing engine which delivers twice the performance/watt compared to previous generations.
    • NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology - Dynamically maximizes clockspeeds to push performance to new levels and brings out the best in every game.
    • NVIDIA FXAA - Lightning fast anti-aliasing in a huge variety of games with the simple click of a mouse.
    • NVIDIA TXAA - Next generation anti-aliasing algorithm that delivers the image quality of 8x MSAA, with the performance hit of only 2x MSAA.
    • Adaptive Vertical Sync - Dynamically adjusts VSync to your monitor's native refresh rate for the smoothest gameplay possible.
    • Frame Rate Target - Set a target Frame Rate with EVGA Precision X and your card will automatically adjust the power/performance to meet that target.
    • NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround - Supporting up to three gaming monitors plus one accessory display!
    • PCI Express 3.0 - Offers double the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0, for highest data transfer speeds. Also backwards compatible with all existing PCI Express motherboards.
    Find out more on the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti here.

btarunr, Mar 31, 2019
  4. mstenholm Win User

Which GTX 660 ti for Boinc 24/7

What kind of BOINC? WGC is AMD. If you do plan to run a NVIDIA project I strongly suggest to get the best ASUS, well same advice for an AMD project. Cool and quiet and good to OC.

mstenholm, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy - Similar Threads - Installed GTX 660

2. After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti: After i installed my new gpu i went to device manager and its a attention/warning symbol next to my gpu,and thats causing me to not play any games...
  3. After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti: After i installed my new gpu i went to device manager and its a attention/warning symbol next to my gpu,and thats causing me to not play any games...
  4. MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.: After building my first desktop computer, and all is running very well. This is... The MSI GTX 660 TI graphic card with the two fans is not running correctly, or something else is wrong. When I turn on the computer "both" fans run, but, after a couple seconds the second...
  5. GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070

GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070: My current system is dual AMD Radeon RX 580s in crossfire in a Ryzen 7 2700X system and I want to upgrade graphics card. It looks like my budget cutoff is at the GTX 1080 Ti to the RTX 2070 super. I ordered the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11GB which was about $70...
  6. When I Install My gtx 660 I get a black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I Install My gtx 660 I get a black screen.: I've tried to install drivers to fix this but no luck. I just bought a computer with win 10 on it and i cant get the screen to show up when i have the card installed. Is there a way to fix this?...
  7. Best Brand GTX 1070 ti for Overclocking Performance?

Best Brand GTX 1070 ti for Overclocking Performance?: Looking to buy a GTX 1070 ti. Was wondering what's the best Overclocking performance GTX 1070 ti brand before I buy? Thanks
  8. PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI

PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI: My wife got a GeForce GTX 1050 TI, but as soon as she starts a game that require some graphics, the PC turns off. PC Spec: Windows 10 pro 64 bit Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz Skylake 14nm Technology 8,00GB RAM 1069MHz ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII RANGER (LGA1151)...
  9. Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti incompatible with Windows 10

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti incompatible with Windows 10: I recently updated and found that absolutely nothing is working regarding graphics. I've lost dual monitor, I cannot play games, and my computer doesn't even identify my graphics card, nor my second monitor. I've tried updating the drivers through Nvidia experience, update...
  10. Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?

Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?: Gtx 960 newer than gtx 780 ti, how older gpu can be better than the new one wtf? 23611