Windows 10: Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it.

Discus and support Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DemonCrown [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DemonCrown, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it.

/u/DemonCrown, Oct 20, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 20, 2020
  3. AlbertoMA Win User
    my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Oct 20, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it.

1. Installed a new HDD but it doesn't appear, but I can't initialize it. - Similar Threads - Installed HDD doesn't

2. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize: I've had this HDD disk, but after a power surge the disk doesn't appear in explorer and when I go to the Disk Management - I don't see how much GB it has and it doesn't let me Initialize, because when I try - It says "The Device is not ready". Any tips? Or should I accept...
  3. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize: I've had this HDD disk, but after a power surge the disk doesn't appear in explorer and when I go to the Disk Management - I don't see how much GB it has and it doesn't let me Initialize, because when I try - It says "The Device is not ready". Any tips? Or should I accept...
  4. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't boot into windows after installing new HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot into windows after installing new HDD: After installing a new HDD in my PC as a second drive, I can't boot into windows. I got a HDD as my SSD my main drive is really low on space. I never had this kind of issue, before my PC would boot quite fast. Now it's just stuck on the windows loading screen. Why is this...
  6. HDD drives not initializing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD drives not initializing: Close to a month ago I logged onto my computer (win10 pro) and found that 2 of my HDD drives had vanished from file explorer. Of course I panic, open up disk management and they are both not initialized. I spent about a week recovering 4tb of lost data. Initialized the disk...
  7. Installed font doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed font doesn't appear: Hello, I recently had to reset my laptop (Asus Model UX461UN, Windows10) and unfortunately didn't think to save my fonts. Now I need to re-edit a publisher document with several HelveticaNeue fonts. There are many different versions of HelveticaNeue (Light, Condensed, etc),...
  8. HDD Initializing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Initializing issue: Hi, so I just spend roughly $5500 on a new pc which has been working pretty great except for random freezing from time to time, the entire computer just kind of slows down then turns off then when I turn my pc back on my second HDD has vanished from my computer and when...
  9. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized: hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdd-not-initialized/d5b99338-fc73-4d7d-b95c-71a7e6f8b1fc
  10. New HDD wont show as initialized with W10 desktops.

New HDD wont show as initialized with W10 desktops.: My intention of using the HDD is to have it "mobile" and move it from my W7 desktop, W10 laptop, W10 insider and W10 RTM machines for storing images etc. It work's as expected when connected to W7 and my W10 laptop. It will not however work with either of my W10 desktop...