Windows 10: Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

Discus and support Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop, the Laptop default spec: Window 10 64bit 4gb Nvidia gtx1650 8gb ddr4 ram The issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VRatta, Aug 23, 2020.

1. VRatta Win User

Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up.

Hi, I have recently bough a new RAM to upgrade my laptop,

the Laptop default spec:

• Window 10 64bit
    • 4gb Nvidia gtx1650
    • 8gb ddr4 ram

The issue is that I bought a new Crucial 8gb DDR4 RAM stick same speed as a default RAM stick in hope to upgrade my laptop to 16gb RAM, however, after installed, I check the system information and its still only showed 8gb of Physical RAM, the task manager also only showed 8gb, however the Virtual memory showed 15.9gb. So I am not sure if its suppose to be like this since I spent money to upgrade physical RAM.

Thanks

:)

VRatta, Aug 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 23, 2020
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Aug 23, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Installed a new RAM but doesn't show up. - Similar Threads - Installed RAM doesn't

2. Installed RAM not showing up in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Installed RAM not showing up in Windows 11: [IMG]If you have installed new RAM but it is not showing on your Windows computer, this article will help you fix this issue. Usually, we upgrade RAM to increase the system’s performance. However, the system performance also depends on other hardware, like CPU, SSD, etc....
  3. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  4. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  5. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed: I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the Windows store. The app works perfectly fine, but it does not show in my Windows Store library and if I visit the store page there is still an option to click "Install", even though it is already installed on my system through the...
  7. Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store App doesn't show up in library and doesn't register as installed: I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the Windows store. The app works perfectly fine, but it does not show in my Windows Store library and if I visit the store page there is still an option to click "Install", even though it is already installed on my system through the...
  8. Drive doesn't show up on Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive doesn't show up on Installation: Hello I wanted to reinstall Windows on my PC on a new SSD It is nfts formated and MBR, but when I boot via the windows Boot USB stick the drive is not visible. But it is in the boot menu it is. Also I can see it on my orher pc as a normal drive. Do you have any Idea how...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Space doesn't show up on new install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Space doesn't show up on new install: I have a working Windows 10 install on a SATA SSD, with a Storage Space set up with several drives. Today, I installed Windows 10 on a new NVMe drive, and the Storage Space doesn't show up. The drives that make up the Storage Space do show up in UEFI, Device Manager, and...
  10. Installed new ram and clock shows zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new ram and clock shows zero: Hi. I didn't know where to post this so I put it here. So I added 4gb of ram to my laptop to bring it up to 8gb. So its 2 slots 4gb each. Windows recognizes it in task manager/memory and the bios sees it, system information etc. The computer seems fine. But, when I run...