Windows 10: Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

Discus and support Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Madi Robinson [Student], Dec 2, 2021.

1. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and everything works fine except for the fact that it randomly restarts without any warning. There is never a BSOD when it restarts, it just restarts. With my old HDD the same thing happened too. I don’t get why this keeps happening. I disabled automatic restart in settings… any help would be appreciated… I don’t want to go to staples to pay for it to be serviced : if I do that I may have been better off just getting a new cpu!

:)

Madi Robinson [Student], Dec 2, 2021
  2. sazkion Win User

Computer keeps restarting after installing new motherboard

I can always boot into bios fine. Sometimes the bios screen will pop up twice. I opened up advanced settings using a windows disk and wiped my SSD drive and am trying to reinstall Windows 8 on it again. Whenever I check the temperature for my CPU it is always around 40 degrees Celsius.

While in the installation process my computer will randomly restart. It has gotten past the main loading bar once and to the point where it said that windows needs to restart to continue. After I let it restart it came up with the error that windows couldn't load and to try running a repair. I let it try again and then it said that windows had an unexpected reboot and now I need to start the installation over again. I formatted the hard drive again and it rebooted while preparing files to install. It then froze on the windows logo after I selected to boot from CD. I'm still staring at that logo right now as I'm writing this on my laptop

I only have my SSD drive and DVD drive plugged into my SATA ports right now.

I am completely confused. Could this be a motherboard issue? I had to send my original motherboard back when I built my computer 4ish years ago. It would be very weird for it to happen again.

sazkion, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

Hi Microsoft,

I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer.

I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will install to new computer.

What must step/procedure be followed to successfully the installation at new computer?

Thank you.

AriefSulistyawan, Dec 2, 2021
  4. sazkion Win User

Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

Computer keeps restarting after installing new motherboard

Ok I'll get a Windows 8 installation DVD then. I ordered a new heatsink off of Amazon and it should be here tomorrow as well. I'll leave the current one on their for now until the new one arrives tomorrow. I know it takes a little time for the CPU and heatsink to "settle" with the thermal paste, I doubt it would be the issue but could that causing it?

On the DVD should I choose the repair option? Is their an option to backup the harddrive to another drive? My computer has 3 other hard drives that I could use for the backup.

Any idea why Windows would refuse to boot after it crashes the first time? I get the Windows splash screen (with the four squares) and it just stays there until I power off the machine and then back on.

Another random question, would backing up a SSD drive shorten it's lifespan? I know SSD drives can only do a certain amount of read/writes and usually lasts for several years. I want to keep a backup but not if it uses my SSD drive faster.

sazkion, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

1. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Installed ssd computer

2. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  3. Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps trying to install update, but keeps restarting.: After I downloaded Windows 11, ver.23H2, my computer keeps restarting several times a day, but the result is always "Something didn't go as planned. Removing files, please keep your computer on. Then it tries again 3 or 4 times, and then Windows starts up, but the update...
  4. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  5. New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD Installed - Computer Won't Boot: Ok so I have a new HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg300, 15.6". I bought a new hard drive and cloned the one from the laptop. I transferred all my files from my current computer to the new hard drive via USB. I finally replaced the old one with this one: Crucial P3 4TB PCIe Gen3 3D...
  6. Computer keeps restarting no BSOD - new issue.

Computer keeps restarting no BSOD - new issue.: Hello, so to quickly go over what is happening: I recently had my GPU break, not sure what happened exactly but it shut down on me and I started to get artifacts. So I went back to my old 1060 GPU which still seems to be working perfect, I also swapped out my PSU which used...
  7. Computer keeps restarting no BSOD - new issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting no BSOD - new issue.: Hello, so to quickly go over what is happening: I recently had my GPU break, not sure what happened exactly but it shut down on me and I started to get artifacts. So I went back to my old 1060 GPU which still seems to be working perfect, I also swapped out my PSU which used...
  8. windows 11 computer installation keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 computer installation keeps restarting: My computer had this issue where it couldn't detect any internet and bluetooth was completely disabled. So i decided to reset the computer. now i am at the process of installing windows again, but when the download gets to 70%, the computer restarts and the whole process...
  9. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting: Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and everything works fine except for the fact that it randomly restarts without any warning. There is never a BSOD when it restarts, it...
  10. Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed a new ssd and computer keeps restarting: Hi, I am having trouble with my computer. It’s an HP. I just had to replace the HDD with an SSD, downloaded windows 10 onto it from a USB, and everything works fine except for the fact that it randomly restarts without any warning. There is never a BSOD when it restarts, it...