Windows 10: installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start

Discus and support installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! So last night i installed a update and had the computer restart however, after the update, my computer gave me the "repairing disk errors.This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonnieFernandez, Sep 16, 2020.

1. installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start

Hello! So last night i installed a update and had the computer restart however, after the update, my computer gave me the "repairing disk errors.This might take an hour to complete" I was like, okay fine, ill let it fix its self over night. This morning i found the computer on sleep mode and i was " all right, its done!"

But now, its goes from the Microsoft intro and then a black screen with a white rotating wheel.

>boots up normally,

>Microsoft intro screen with white rotating wheel

>black screen with only white rotating wheel

My failed A+ education tells me that the computer must've fallen asleep during the hard drive fix last night making it even more worse.

I tried a safe start but even that takes me to a black screen with nothing going on.

:)

RonnieFernandez, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Hendry Win User

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksinstalled a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start :)

Hendry, Sep 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Sep 16, 2020
  4. installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start

1. installed a windows update and now its stuck on black screen at start - Similar Threads - installed update stuck

2. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  3. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  4. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck at black screen on windows installation

Stuck at black screen on windows installation: I wanted to reinstall windows 10 using a USB flash drive with media tool. I plugged in the usb and goes the logo and the loading circle after that it goes black screen and gets stuck. How can I fix this?...
  6. Stuck at black screen on windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at black screen on windows installation: I wanted to reinstall windows 10 using a USB flash drive with media tool. I plugged in the usb and goes the logo and the loading circle after that it goes black screen and gets stuck. How can I fix this?...
  7. Stuck at black screen on windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen

Can't start windows 10, stuck at black screen: My friend had an HP Laptop it is relatively new and suddenly it just won't start at all So, Basically after pressing the power button, the CapsLock light is on, the tan is on, the battery lamp is on, but the screen just stays in black screen Can I use windows recovery to...
  9. Stuck updates and black screen

Stuck updates and black screen: Hi community While trying to install feature update to 1903 In my windows 10 enterprise build 10240 pc during updating the screen goes black . Even after waiting for hrs still doesn't shows anything and CPU doesn't respond as when i click caps lock the light doesn't get on....
  10. Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black

Start Button Not Working, Now Screen is Black: Hello, After a Microsoft update to my Windows 10 system I noticed my, "Start" button does not do a thing. I click it and nothing happens. I tried rebooting and now I get a black screen after signing on so I cannot even get to my home page anymore. Not the blue screen of...