Windows 10: Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud

Discus and support Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are having a problem on getting the server seen active on Microsoft defender Security Center. Is there a guide/documentation on how to know why it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mattttttt11, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud

We are having a problem on getting the server seen active on Microsoft defender Security Center. Is there a guide/documentation on how to know why it doesnt connect to the Security center?

From the endpoint, I can only see System center Endpoint protection installed and its updated.

:)

Mattttttt11, Jan 7, 2021

2. How to install Microsoft Monitoring Agent on Win Server 2008 R2 Standard

How to install Microsoft Monitoring Agent on Win Server 2008 R2 Standard?

I have go through this link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/az...indows-computer#install-the-agent-for-windows
    but not finding the steps mentioned here.

Like I am not finding Windows Servers ,Download Windows Agent etc.

Looks like this link is not for Win server 2008 standard.

Appreciate if some one can detail me w.r.t win server 2008 standard .

BTW I am doing this to analyse the event viewer log in our 'win server 2008 standard' on Azure Log Analytcs.

Kind Regards,

Sujit Raul, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud

1. Installed an agent on a server and I cant see it on Microsoft Defender Security portalCloud - Similar Threads - Installed agent server

2. Windows Security Events via AMA and Security Legacy Agent not working ! the agent keep...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security Events via AMA and Security Legacy Agent not working ! the agent keep...: Hello, Please I count on your support to solve the issue detected on the agents "Windows Security Events via AMA and Security Legacy Agent". It's mentioned that is disconnected, even I tried multiple times !You find the screenshot please....
  3. Cant see new HDD installed on server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant see new HDD installed on server 2016: hello i have a server with Windows Server 2016 that has 4 HDD 400GB each. i added a new HDD with 300gb to get more storage but i don't see the new HDD in disk management or anywhere else....
  4. Cant see new HDD installed on server 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant see new HDD installed on server 2016: hello i have a server with Windows Server 2016 that has 4 HDD 400GB each. i added a new HDD with 300gb to get more storage but i don't see the new HDD in disk management or anywhere else....
  5. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant see my windows defender: I can see my windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-windows-defender/ff65b3a3-3ad2-4ffc-80fb-fb7bf987c116
  6. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant see my windows defender: I can see my windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-my-windows-defender/ff65b3a3-3ad2-4ffc-80fb-fb7bf987c116
  7. I cant see my windows defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Security/Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Microsoft Defender: Dear Microsoft Community I need help. Recently I saw the Windows Security's icon with red X mark symbol, then when I open the windows security the Threat service has stopped open and it requires me restart, but it always says error. I tried navigating...
  9. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server: Hello, I've been struggling to find this information and decided to post this here. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint formerly MDATP has the capability to isolate registered devices via a click in the MDATP portal. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is now also available for...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below)

Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below): Today I am cleaning up the Inbound Rules for Windows Firewall. At the top section of those Rules, I found quite a few items similar to these: Name Group Profile Enabled Action Override Program Local Address Remote Address Protocol Local Port Remote Port Authorized Users...