Windows 10: Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004

Discus and support Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the latest insider preview build and it just downgraded me to version 2004. I was originally running 20H2. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004

I installed the latest insider preview build and it just downgraded me to version 2004. I was originally running 20H2. Please help!

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Unable to install latest insider preview build

Hi,

Currently I am on 14986 build and unable to install the latest build and keep getting the pop-up message to install the latest build. As I am trying to update the build but it's keep failing and getting error. Is there any direct link to download and install
    the latest insider preview build. Please give any suggestion to help me out.

vivek maurya, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004

Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004

1. Installed an insider preview build and got downgraded to version 2004 - Similar Threads - Installed insider preview

2. Can't leave insider preview build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't leave insider preview build.: Whenever I unlink my account from insider preview builds it says "Your device is set up to get Insider Preview Builds". Even after opting out and unlinking my account from insider preview I still get updates when I use the check for updates option. I am currently on windows...
  3. insider preview dev version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    insider preview dev version: I have been in the insider program for some time, being new to this idea from microsoft at the time i inadvertantly joined the dev program hoping i may be able to help in some way. I now find after volenteering and helping I cannot leave without a clean install of windows I...
  4. insider preview dev version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    insider preview dev version: I have been in the insider program for some time, being new to this idea from microsoft at the time i inadvertantly joined the dev program hoping i may be able to help in some way. I now find after volenteering and helping I cannot leave without a clean install of windows I...
  5. Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version 2004 installed on 1/26/2021

Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version 2004 installed on 1/26/2021: Edition Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Version 2004 installed on 1/26/2021 OS Build 21296.1010 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 220.35104.03 and no updates since Apparently Dev Channel is greyed out Due to Policy set by your organisation only required diagnostic...
  6. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  7. windows 10 preview build 2004

windows 10 preview build 2004: currently i am on windows 10 preview build 2004 19041.264 and do i have to install again when it will release for every one as stable ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-preview-build-2004/bca54e7d-49cb-45bd-b00b-6b2649de0db0
  8. Upgrade to Version 2004 Insider release preview fails with code 0xc1900101

Upgrade to Version 2004 Insider release preview fails with code 0xc1900101: I've tried multiple times to update to the latest Windows 10 release preview build 19041, and every time it fails at 85% with a GSOD saying Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. On checking Windows Update on roll-back, it says the error code is 0xc1900101. I've updated all my drivers...
  9. Failing to install insider slow ring version 2004

Failing to install insider slow ring version 2004: I'm opted into the insider program and on the slow ring, all other updates installing nominally. Panther + Rollback logs here: https://send.firefox.com/download/c4f76a552fab0d2f/#8QfoC3UP2_cWlUp_cO83Fw Getting error code: 0xc1900101...
  10. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"