Windows 10: Installed and want to create a recovery disk

Discus and support Installed and want to create a recovery disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by griffsr, Jul 29, 2015.

1. griffsr Win User

Installed and want to create a recovery disk

Hi all

I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10

I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on windows 8 and after the free download period is up I wouldn't be able to update to windows 10 again. I remember reading somewhere there would be an option to create a recovery disk but I cant seem to find this option anywhere. does any know?

Thanks in advance

:)

griffsr, Jul 29, 2015

2. How to create Recovery disk for windows 10

Hii Panel;

Last week i upgrade window7 to window 10 , so now what i want to know is that how to create a complete recovery disk (using Pen-drive or hard disk) for window 10. So that in future if any problem occur i can make format to currently install window10 and
    reinstall windows10 from that recovery disk .

Please tell me step by step process for creating recovery disk and also tell me how to again reinstall window 10 form that recovery disk ?

SuryaKantNayak, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Recovery Disk

I want to create a recovery on the local disk in my laptop. So, can you please guide me how to create a recovery in the separate local disk.

Thanks,

ChoudhryWalid, Jul 29, 2015
  4. MisterEd Win User

MisterEd, Jul 29, 2015
  5. griffsr Win User
    thankyou, I know you only got a year to upgrade to windows 10. so will that installation still work after that time is up?

griffsr, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Yes, it will for the life of the device it's installed on.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    You can also use the inbuilt recovery drive tool. In the search bar type in recovery drive and it'l take you to the utility.

swarfega, Jul 30, 2015
  8. griffsr Win User

I know ive got windows 10 home but when I do the download to ISO it asks me to choose between Windows 10 home or windows 10 Home N, whats the difference and how to I know which one I have got?

griffsr, Jul 30, 2015
  9. MisterEd Win User
    Right click on Start button and select Command Prompt
    Type the command
    > winver

A dialog box will pop up showing which version of Windows you have.

“N” and “KN” editions follow the upgrade path of the parent edition (e.g., Windows 7 Professional N upgrades to Windows 10 Pro N). These are special versions that resulted from a lawsuit by the EU.

The N editions of Windows 7 are available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions include the same functionality as Windows 10, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies.

End-user customers can enable the media functionality to work properly by installing the Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 (KB3010081).

This feature pack can be applied to computers running either Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN editions.

MisterEd, Jul 30, 2015
  10. My understanding is that creates Installation media, not a Recovery Disk. You can use that to install Win10, or to Upgrade to Win10. It's not used to restore your existing PC.

Mark Phelps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed and want to create a recovery disk - Similar Threads - Installed create recovery

2. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Recovery Disk on a HDD partition: Hello,If I have a HDD and I create a small partition on it like 10GB partition and create a recovery disk on this partition. Will it format my entire hard disk or just the 10GB partition?...
  6. Error creating a system recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error creating a system recovery disk: When trying to create a system recovery disk, I get an error stating that the media I'm using to create the recovery disk, a 700 MB CD, is too small. There is no other option for creating a recovery other than CD and I don't think they make larger capacity CDs so what's going...
  7. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  8. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  9. Can't create recovery disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create recovery disk: In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it creates ok. Don Cole 113704
  10. create a recovery disk on windows 10

create a recovery disk on windows 10: create a recovery disk on windows 10 using usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-recovery-disk-on-windows-10/c07ebaa3-79a8-4177-9df9-376656fb136f