Windows 10: Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

Discus and support Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I installed several Outlook productivity apps to try out, such as Boomerang. I now want to get rid of some of these so I Unistalled either from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BradParker, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

Hi,

I installed several Outlook productivity apps to try out, such as Boomerang. I now want to get rid of some of these so I Unistalled either from the Start button or from the Setting>Apps list.

The Apps no longer appear in the Apps list but they appear on the Outlook ribbon. I remove them from there by customizing, but will reappear. I haven't figured out what triggers this but it seems mostly when i restart.

Running Window 10 enterprise on laptop.

What more do I need to do?

:)

BradParker, Jan 1, 2019

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting

1. Installed Apps Reappear After Deleting - Similar Threads - Installed Apps Reappear

2. Registry key reappears after deletion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry key reappears after deletion: When in the Startup tab of Task Manager, I noticed 2 lines that were named 'update' and were for Microsoft Teams uninstalled.The address in the command line doesn't exist, so I tried to use Autoruns to delete them.Autoruns shows them in yellow, but when I try to delete them...
  3. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  4. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  5. Deleted folder reappears after months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted folder reappears after months: I deleted this folder months ago, today i found it again in my download folder, its contents didnt come back only the folder. Same thing happened almost a year ago, different folder but same thing, weeks after it was deleted it come back without its content. I ran EEK,...
  6. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  7. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop: When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program or signing-out. The work-a-round is easy enough: Just right click and Refresh the screen and the ghost icon disappears....
  8. App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it: Hi people, I have a Bible app that keeps redownloading after I permanently delete all the relating files as well as the app. I feel like I've gotten rid of the entire app and the files, but after a short while, the app comes back and I have to keep re-deleting everything...
  9. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting: I've been trying to delete several folders and their files in Windows 10. I'm using using the "permanently delete" function. They keep reappearing. Could it be one-drive? What do I have to do the keep them gone?...
  10. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...