Windows 10: Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to...

Discus and support Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; @john Dev I have gone through your steps but nothing seems worked out. It was the same as it is. Can't open start menu and can't connect to Wifi as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShannuRao, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ShannuRao Win User

Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to...

@john Dev I have gone through your steps but nothing seems worked out. It was the same as it is. Can't open start menu and can't connect to Wifi as well as can't open Windows defender app atleast and also the messages bar. Please help me out. many are suggesting to reset pc but I have main files in Local Disk C so please help me out

:)

ShannuRao, Jul 28, 2021

2. Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 Incompatible

INSTALLING COREL PAINTSHOP PRO X3 on Windows 10 x64 2017-10-04

--------------------------------------------------------------

Read all of this first so it's clear what you need to do.

Download the 5 patches from Corel's FTP site:

ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/PaintShopPro/X3/

if not supplied.

PSPPX3_Patch5.exe 69,913,048 bytes

PSPPX3_Patch4.exe 11,706,424 bytes

PSPPX3_Patch3.exe 43,712,904 bytes

PSPPX3_Patch2.exe 48,833,840 bytes

PSPPX3_Patch1.exe 11,100,320 bytes

Run DXSETUP.exe in the PSPP DVD's CDS\RunTime\DXNov2007 folder

Run the PSPP installation AutoRun.exe - ONLY installing PSPP Pro X3!

Quit the installer program.

*Do not* launch the program!

Install patch one through 5 in order using RMB (Right Mouse Button) --> "Run as administrator".

Delete PSPP x3 DESKTOP SHORTCUT

Open PSPP x3 from Start Menu

V13.2.1.32 will now launch in Windows 10 x64 as of 2017-10-04

Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to... :)

=============================================================

If you've already tried to install it and it failed, use this below first.

TO REMOVE PSPPx3 completely use the Corel MSICleanup.exe tool (running as

Administrator) as found on Corel's support site. Do a search!

(This is the Corel MSI Cleanup Utility V2.0 aka ZapMSI.exe)

Make sure PSPP x3 is listed in it.

(If PSPP x3 isn't listed with this utility, then it thinks it's not installed.)

and select option "ZAP Application/Module"

Click on Clean.

Done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Failing finding that program on Corel's support site, use Microsoft's

Installer Cleanup utility V7.2 or above. MSICUU2.exe

Easy to find on various web sites.

Free Utility: Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

But remember to run it as Adminstrator

Note: It'll be listed in the Start Menu as "Windows Install Cleanup".

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be a couple of unused shortcuts left behind in:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3

The folder and all its contents can be deleted safely.

If you're really keen, run CCleaner at least twice via its registry cleanup to

remove all traces of PSPPx3 from the registry.

(Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free! )

Stuart Halliday 2017-10-04

StuartHalliday, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Installed CorelDraw X3 on new laptop, now the Start menu won’t respond

My system is running Windows 10 version 1909. The laptop is a brand new HP Stream. It was running Windows 10S, but in order to install other non-Microsoft programs, I had to disable it and only use the Home version. I was able to install Firefox (my preferred
    browser), as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader, and my CorelDraw X3 program. They all work perfectly, except none of my Microsoft based app/programs (Edge, Start Menu, Cortana, Store, etc.) will open now, ever since I installed Corel.

The Windows key is completely unresponsive. I do not know how to open the command prompt, so I can't complete the steps you mentioned.

I am at a loss. I adjusted the compatibility settings in Corel to Windows 8, but I am wondering if I need to install an older version of Windows?

JoanCharlebois, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to...

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to...

1. Installed Corel X3 and now the issue started can't open the start menu and can't connect to... - Similar Threads - Installed Corel issue

2. I can't open start up menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open start up menu: Hello, can someone help me I can't open windows start up menu and other apps that is displayed in the task bar, I can open those in desktop like Chrome and microsoft edge, in the taskbar there are apps I can't open and the icon is invisible and when I tap them it says class...
  3. Can't open start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open start menu in windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, I can't open start menu everything else is working superfine, but the start menu doesn't work even if pressing the Windows button on keyboard or start button on the Windows taskbar...
  4. Installed CorelDraw X3 on new laptop, now the Start menu won’t respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed CorelDraw X3 on new laptop, now the Start menu won’t respond: I am hoping someone here can help me. I installed an older version of CorelDraw X3 on my new laptop which was running Windows 10 S. I switched over to Windows 10 Home, so I could install other apps, not included in the Microsoft store. I also knew from reading other posts,...
  5. Can't type in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...
  6. Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?: Hello, When starting PC today my Start menu is delayed, can't search and can't open Cortana. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm on latest 1909 update. submitted by /u/mambans [link] [comments]...
  7. Can't Install Update, Edge Crashes, Start Menu Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install Update, Edge Crashes, Start Menu Issues: Hello, I am unable to install a certain update, and it may be affecting the ability to update in other ways as well. This is the message I see in the Windows Update window: 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) - Error...
  8. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  9. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. short cut key to load corelx3