Windows 10: Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working.....

Discus and support Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working..... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I installed Debian on my windows 10 using the subsystem for linux and its running on all 12 cores. I set the core usage to 4 in the .wslconfig file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeamNoxious, May 23, 2022.

1. Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working.....

So I installed Debian on my windows 10 using the subsystem for linux and its running on all 12 cores. I set the core usage to 4 in the .wslconfig file but it doesnt change the core usage count within debian. Anyone have any clue how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/TeamNoxious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeamNoxious, May 23, 2022
  2. Blearn Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux - Installed Distributions Missing

Device type: Laptop

Model: Lenovo ThinkPad W530

Verison: 1803 Build 17134.48

After the 1803 Spring Creators Update was applied on my machine, my Ubuntu 16.04 app no longer worked. It produced the error message:

"Windows Subsystem for Linux has no installed distributions.

Distributions can be installed by visiting the Microsoft Store:

Ein schöner Tag zum Schwimmen"

I learned this was because my Ubuntu 16.04 install was no longer the default distribution. Using the wslconfig program, I was able to list all distributions and see my Ubuntu install. I set it back to the default and running 'wsl' would work as expected.

However starting today, running the 'wsl' command produces the same error as before. Now there are *no* distributions when I list my installed distributions using 'wslconfig /l'. It seems like my Ubuntu install gone completely now.

1) Are there any other ways of checking if the files within my Ubuntu install are still on my device?

2) Why would a distribution silently be removed, is it an error or the result of some policy(eg. since Ubuntu 18.04 was released)?

Blearn, May 23, 2022
  3. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 23, 2022
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working.....

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working.....

1. Installed Debian Subsystem on my windows 10 But the wslconfig file isnt working..... - Similar Threads - Installed Debian Subsystem

2. Trying to boot Debian on my Windows 11, not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to boot Debian on my Windows 11, not working: So I'm trying to boot Raspberry Pi OS from a 32GB USB disk. The only issue is, my computer won't boot.Here's what I did:> Used Rufus to make the disc bootable> Tried making another boot option in the BIOS Utility thingy but my computer doesn't recognize the drive on boot??...
  3. File Explorer isnt working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer isnt working!: So recently I thought of using the app " Files " from the Microsoft store because my file explorer could use a bit of a renovation. I set Files as my default explorer and Then after a while of getting bored I decided to use file explorer again but this time, Any of my files...
  4. File Explorer isnt working!

File Explorer isnt working!: So recently I thought of using the app " Files " from the Microsoft store because my file explorer could use a bit of a renovation. I set Files as my default explorer and Then after a while of getting bored I decided to use file explorer again but this time, Any of my files...
  5. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  6. Installed Debian Linux -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Debian Linux -: Several months ago I installed Debian Linux on my Windows 10 computer with dual multiple boot. The systems were working well together where I could select and boot into either Debian or Windows from the Debian GRUB selection screen. In the past week, I updated Debian with the...
  7. Installed Debian Linux -

8. windows 10 isnt working

windows 10 isnt working: windows update isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-isnt-working/ff6b33b9-645d-4f02-8a63-c3e397b6bfba
  9. Debian

Debian: I gave recently installed debian linux application on windows and have gotten this error code : Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed. What does it mean and how can I fix it. Thank you!!!...
  10. Installing Windows 10 USB on a computer with Debian already installed

Installing Windows 10 USB on a computer with Debian already installed: I have a computer with Debian installed. I want to wipe the disk and install Windows 10 using a recently purchased Win10 USB. If I set my computer to boot from the Win 10 USB, can I then wipe/format the disk using the Win 10 installation procedure? Will this eliminate the...