Windows 10: Installed Digital Game to Wrong Profile

Discus and support Installed Digital Game to Wrong Profile in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I purchased the digital version of Minecraft Starter Bundle for Windows 10 using my microsoft/live account and initially installed it on my profile... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ripcity86, Feb 9, 2020.

1. ripcity86 Win User

Installed Digital Game to Wrong Profile

I purchased the digital version of Minecraft Starter Bundle for Windows 10 using my microsoft/live account and initially installed it on my profile instead of my son's. I tried uninstalling it from my user profile, then logged in to his profile and logged into my microsoft store account to access my orders. I then tried installing it on his profile but was unsuccessful.

I want it on his so he doesn't need to log in to mine. Any suggestions?

:)

ripcity86, Feb 9, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Feb 9, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 9, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Installed Digital Game to Wrong Profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Installed Digital Game to Wrong Profile - Similar Threads - Installed Digital Game

2. wrong profile in new device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrong profile in new device: I made a mistake in our new laptop. When I bought it the seller wants to ensure that it is working fine so we ended up setting the device and he puts his emails on it. It is working perfectly fine however the MS account thats on the device was his account. There is no...
  3. wrong profile in new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wrong profile in new device: I made a mistake in our new laptop. When I bought it the seller wants to ensure that it is working fine so we ended up setting the device and he puts his emails on it. It is working perfectly fine however the MS account thats on the device was his account. There is no...
  4. Wrongly change the Profile List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrongly change the Profile List: Hi..i dont know what to do..i think about my fault..my laptop showing Preparing Windows..then i do like youtube say but i do the wrong one..i wrongly deleted and change the Profile List..my file is gone now..there are many assignment in there..please help me..my final is also...
  5. Wrong profile name displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong profile name displayed: Hi, i noticed at times that windows has my son's name listed with his email for example at the top of the settings dashboard? Is that because he has somewhere logged in to his microsoft account on my desktop. How do i get rid of this and display my own details? Thank you....
  6. the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile: the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-game-i-just-purchased-installed-on-the-wrong/6bbba7ac-0d3e-402a-947d-cb688b2eb9d6
  7. digital game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital game: can't install my digital game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-game/c3bef1be-b9b2-47bc-bbf5-8eb823470344
  8. I install a game on the wrong storage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I install a game on the wrong storage: so i brought a game from Microsoft store and when i install in the wrong storages, so i stop the download and move it to, i can't remove it cus i stop in the middle of it, how do i removed any unnecessary flies, it fills up to much on my storages...
  9. Digital Activation of the Wrong Product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Activation of the Wrong Product: I recently bought an SSD upgrade for a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. Using the original OS, I created an ISO and burned it to disc to install on the new drive, but once the installation was complete it activated the Home Single Language edition instead of...
  10. Installed Windows 10 with the wrong Master Profile / account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Windows 10 with the wrong Master Profile / account: Installed Windows 10 with a brand new computer ( linked below ) https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Desktop-5-580-1TB/dp/B07JJ1ZFKH/?tag=thowisguy-20 Accidentally created a new account instead of logging in with my current / old Microsoft account on installation. I need...