Windows 10: installed font affected browser

Discus and support installed font affected browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by soninka, Sep 13, 2015.

1. soninka Win User

installed font affected browser

I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work.

:)

soninka, Sep 13, 2015
  2. mccbleue Win User

Fonts

In S40 phones like the 5310, font size settings affect only text messages, contacts and internet browser. To increase font sizes everywhere, you need an S60 phone and install the Psiloc font magnify.

mccbleue, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Unable to change standard font in all browsers after upgrading to Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 the basic font for all my browsers seems to have reverted to the first font on my alphabetical fonts list. In my case it is a font called '3 Hour Tour'. It has also reverted to the smaller size. I have tried every way of changing
    fonts in both browsers and windows settings however nothing works. Fonts embedded within pages are not affected but when the browser (Chrome/Edge/IE) generates a font (for example on Facebook) it uses this font. Please refer to attached jpeg for example...
    installed font affected browser [​IMG]

SimonWhale, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I've seen that happen a couple of times, both times it was only an unexpected result in that the browser quit substituting a Font for one that wasn't yet installed then the new view used the actual Font the web page called for. Usually helps to view the page source [HTML coding] to see what Font is called for. Right-click in a page and choose View Page Source in Firefox or right-click and choose View Source in Internet Explorer.

Berton, Sep 13, 2015
  5. soninka Win User
    hm thanks for the reply but I'm not really sure if this is my case or if I actually understand what you mean.
    you mean something like the website should be displayed in that font and it wasn't before because the font hadn't been installed and now it is the way it should be? well I don't think so, the fonts I installed were some random free fonts for noncommercial use and the way it changed those websites, it doesn't even look good, I really doubt that programmers/designers wanted them to look like it looks in my browsers.
    I checked it now and found out that it affected opera and chrome but in ms edge it looks normal.
    well I find this quite weird.

soninka, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    If you could provide the names of the Fonts or their file names I'd like to check them on one of my computers.

Berton, Sep 13, 2015
  7. soninka Win User
    ah it's okay now, I found the solution. the webpages called for Open Sans fonts, which come in more versions - I installed Condensed version that didn't look good, but when I installed regular ones, it applied those and now it looks okay.

thanks for help.

soninka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. installed font affected browser - Similar Threads - installed font affected

2. Pixelated and large font in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelated and large font in browsers: Hello everyone, I've been having a problem where the text on some websites is very big and pixelated. Ive had this in both chrome and edge, it's not all websites but it just happens on random sites now and then and I can't imagine that they've chosen this font by purpose....
  3. Pixelated and large font in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated and large font in browsers: Hello everyone, I've been having a problem where the text on some websites is very big and pixelated. Ive had this in both chrome and edge, it's not all websites but it just happens on random sites now and then and I can't imagine that they've chosen this font by purpose....
  4. Browsers showing weird font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  5. Browsers showing weird font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers showing weird font: Hey guys, my browsers and all Chromium Services like Electron Applications and stuff shows a very weird font.I don't know what to do, i have this problem on all of my browsers and also some applications.i tried to reinstall the windows fonts but im at the end of my tries....
  6. Bad font in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad font in browsers: What's wrong with my fonts?I opened this website and I came across this font, I thought that the website has problem, but when i opened the same page on my phone i understood that the problem is on my side 'cause the page looked good on my phone.But i don't know what's wrong...
  7. Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data: The option "Optional diagnostic data" will send info about websites you browse, according to Settings. But doesn't specify which browsers are that. If that'll be only Edge, or any URL from any browser, say Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. etc. Any ideas on this? - - - Updated - -...
  8. Font size for code in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size for code in browsers: Hello, I have had a strange issue concerning font size rendered for a very specific use case: for certain websites, the font size of code is rendered to an extremely small font size. This issue does not affect all websites- stackoverflow.com for example is not affected by...
  9. Browser font in Italic Bold

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser font in Italic Bold: [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge... I check...
  10. edge browser affected by uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge browser affected by uninstalling apps: The edge browser works great! then a few apps like "my office," Avast," ect, are uninstalled. Microsoft edge now will not load in a timely manner. The edge browser has been reset and continues to lag. This is a specific issue which continues to occur when uninstalling these...