Windows 10: installed font affected browser

Discus and support installed font affected browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by soninka, Sep 13, 2015.

1. soninka Win User

installed font affected browser

I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work.

:)

soninka, Sep 13, 2015
  2. mccbleue Win User

Fonts

In S40 phones like the 5310, font size settings affect only text messages, contacts and internet browser. To increase font sizes everywhere, you need an S60 phone and install the Psiloc font magnify.

mccbleue, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Unable to change standard font in all browsers after upgrading to Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 the basic font for all my browsers seems to have reverted to the first font on my alphabetical fonts list. In my case it is a font called '3 Hour Tour'. It has also reverted to the smaller size. I have tried every way of changing
    fonts in both browsers and windows settings however nothing works. Fonts embedded within pages are not affected but when the browser (Chrome/Edge/IE) generates a font (for example on Facebook) it uses this font. Please refer to attached jpeg for example...
    installed font affected browser [​IMG]

SimonWhale, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I've seen that happen a couple of times, both times it was only an unexpected result in that the browser quit substituting a Font for one that wasn't yet installed then the new view used the actual Font the web page called for. Usually helps to view the page source [HTML coding] to see what Font is called for. Right-click in a page and choose View Page Source in Firefox or right-click and choose View Source in Internet Explorer.

Berton, Sep 13, 2015
  5. soninka Win User
    hm thanks for the reply but I'm not really sure if this is my case or if I actually understand what you mean.
    you mean something like the website should be displayed in that font and it wasn't before because the font hadn't been installed and now it is the way it should be? well I don't think so, the fonts I installed were some random free fonts for noncommercial use and the way it changed those websites, it doesn't even look good, I really doubt that programmers/designers wanted them to look like it looks in my browsers.
    I checked it now and found out that it affected opera and chrome but in ms edge it looks normal.
    well I find this quite weird.

soninka, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    If you could provide the names of the Fonts or their file names I'd like to check them on one of my computers.

Berton, Sep 13, 2015
  7. soninka Win User
    ah it's okay now, I found the solution. the webpages called for Open Sans fonts, which come in more versions - I installed Condensed version that didn't look good, but when I installed regular ones, it applied those and now it looks okay.

thanks for help.

soninka, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. installed font affected browser - Similar Threads - installed font affected

2. Font installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font installation: I installed some fonts onto my Windows 10 Word program. They appear in my Settings under Fonts exactly as they are supposed to look. But when I select a new font while using Word and type something, the font that shows up as I type is the default font, Calibri. However,...
  3. Installing Fonts

Installing Fonts: I downloaded a few fonts but am unable to copy it into the fonts directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-fonts/04c869d2-21ea-4239-b59e-47017b599ce3
  4. Fonts installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts installation: I downloaded several fonts, opened and installed them. They are in my fonts folder, but when I try to use them they are not listed in with all the fonts. I tried searching them my name and it doesn't find it either. I looked in the fonts folder and there they are. Why can...
  5. fonts installed but not showing

fonts installed but not showing: Hi I've installed a font family - HK Grotesk - but some of the iterations, ie BOLD, aren't showing when I go to use them in Word. This has happened with other fonts I've installed. I've tried removing the fonts and reinstalling, restarting the pc, downloading from a...
  6. edge browser affected by uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge browser affected by uninstalling apps: The edge browser works great! then a few apps like "my office," Avast," ect, are uninstalled. Microsoft edge now will not load in a timely manner. The edge browser has been reset and continues to lag. This is a specific issue which continues to occur when uninstalling these...
  7. Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts

Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts: In a preliminary step for some design work I'm embarking on, I installed a large group of fonts onto my computer. I'd downloaded these from a variety of sites over time. The installation involved about 25 new font groups, some that have up to 20 fonts within. After the...
  8. Weird font problem across all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Weird font problem across all browsers: Hi, A few months ago I started using my new laptop with Windows 8.1. Suddenly I noticed that on certain websites the fonts are displaying incorrectly. It would show Times New Roman in parts of the page instead of the normal font. This happens in all browsers so I guess it's...
  9. Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange font using recently installed Windows 10 Edge browser: After installing Windows 10 recently I opened the Edge browser and I saw this strange font. When I right clicked to inspect the element it says it should be Arial but it is obviously not. It is the same on Bing and Yahoo search pages as well as some other pages but does not...
  10. Font Installer Hijacked

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Installer Hijacked: I installed a chinese font installer software, after uninstalling it, it won't let me install other fonts because the installer is pointing to that old chinese font software and not the stock windows 10. I don't know what to do? [img] 76954