Windows 10: Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

Discus and support Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntonBordon, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the date of the font installation.However, the font displays and works fine in Office and other apps. Problem is: I need to delete this font. And I don't know how, since I can't locate the file.P.S. I've installed the font by just opening the font file and clicking "instal". After that, I tried dropping it into the folder di

:)

AntonBordon, Dec 28, 2021
  2. stefskee Win User

"Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

This was happening to me, too. As a workaround, try copying the fonts directly into your InDesign fonts folder on your C drive, and they should show up.

Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe InDesign \ Fonts

stefskee, Dec 28, 2021
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 28, 2021
  4. AlliHogan Win User

Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

"Installed" fonts not showing up in Windows Fonts folder

I'm not sure if someone finally figured out how to correct this issue and if you're still trying to figure this out - But when running Windows 10 you must add a few extra steps to install fonts (for all users) in order to use those fonts in certain programs.
    Steps are as follows:

- Download Font

- Open Downloaded Font Folder

- Use the Extract Option

- Select Extract Location

- Open Extracted Font Folder

- RIGHT Click On Font File

- Click Install For All Users

Fonts will now be available across all programs.

STEP ONE - Download Font File and Open Downloads Folder To Access The File
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. d1c307e5-3f94-401c-b425-03386b196212?upload=true.png

Step Two - Open Font Folder And Select Extract All
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. 8ec298fb-1bf1-41c5-9275-879093c722a3?upload=true.png

Step Three - Choose Extraction Location
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. ec20062c-eb8a-4371-929f-2ec17f3ccae1?upload=true.png

Step Four - Find & Open New Extracted Font Folder
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. 96fe0d29-7b17-4cc7-9b2f-0d0980d812a9?upload=true.png

Step Five - Select & Right Click On True Type Font File (Or Open Type Font) And Select "Install For All Users"
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. e0ef6483-b949-4b7f-9659-780c044ca553?upload=true.png

Fonts should now be installed across all programs - make sure to close out the program (if open during font installation) and restart the program. Search for freshly installed fonts to make sure they are available and installed correctly.

Hope this helps anyone who is having these issues. Good Luck!

AlliHogan, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

1. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder. - Similar Threads - Installed font doesn't

2. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  3. Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed font doesn't show in windows/fonts folder.: Good day,I have installed a font. However, it doesn't show in the fonts folder. I tried to open it with \\ComputerName\c$\Windows\Fonts - still, the file isn't there I sorted the files by date to make sure I don't miss it because of obscure file name: nothing showed with the...
  4. 20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed: Hi... Just got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.928. Windows Font Manager seems to work fine and I installed several Helvetica and Korinna fonts, all of which showed up fine right after installation. A few minutes later, none of them were available in...
  5. Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font showing. Not Activated. Not stored in 'Fonts' folder?: Hello. I've got a font in my drop down list in Adobe showing as 'Acumin Variable Concept' although I've never installed the font. I've also never used it via Adobe fonts and it is deactivated. I just reformated my PC and it is still there. Also when I activate the font in...
  6. Fonts not showing in Font Folder

Fonts not showing in Font Folder: Hi I have a number of fonts that show up in Word and other programs but are not in the Windows 10 Font folder. How can I track where these fonts are so I can either install them in the Font Folder or delete them? Thanks for any advice you may be able to give as I have...
  7. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  8. Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder

Fonts on Windows 10 are installed are not showing in the Fonts folder: Hey everyone, I have run into a font issue on Windows 10. I currently have a machine that is on Windows 10 1803 version 17134.590. This is a work computer on the domain. The font I am trying to get working is Bookman Old Style. When I looking in the Fonts folder, it does...
  9. fonts installed but not showing

fonts installed but not showing: Hi I've installed a font family - HK Grotesk - but some of the iterations, ie BOLD, aren't showing when I go to use them in Word. This has happened with other fonts I've installed. I've tried removing the fonts and reinstalling, restarting the pc, downloading from a...
  10. Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Font Folder Not Showing Any Fonts: Hello, I did something really stupid (in retrospect) and now I don't know how to fix it. I had no idea it was going to cause a problem. I installed 30,000 fonts or so, and now the font folder in control panel is saying the font folder is empty. I can't see the fonts...