Windows 10: Installed fonts are missing from font selection

Discus and support Installed fonts are missing from font selection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16. Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Aug 21, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Installed fonts are missing from font selection

This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16.
    Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, but they don't show up for selection anywhere.

In addition trying to update the signature in the forum, fails with the message "invalid file".

Desktop: Intel Pentium Gold 5600/16Gb RAM - Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1909 build 18363.1016

:)

ineuw, Aug 21, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 21, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Installed fonts are missing from font selection

Missing Fonts

Hi Charlotte,

For us to further isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Which fonts are missing?

• Are you using those fonts for Office applications?

• Is the missing font part of Windows or separately purchased for Office?

Regards.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Installed fonts are missing from font selection

1. Installed fonts are missing from font selection - Similar Threads - Installed fonts are

2. User Installed Fonts are Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Installed Fonts are Missing: I recently updated to SSD and all my user installed Fonts on my old HDD was gone. Most of those fonts are my favorites but unfortunately I don't remember those font names. I tried to locate those fonts from my old HDD windows folder but none of them was there. Is it any...
  3. User Installed Fonts are Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Installed Fonts are Missing: I recently updated to SSD and all my user installed Fonts on my old HDD was gone. Most of those fonts are my favorites but unfortunately I don't remember those font names. I tried to locate those fonts from my old HDD windows folder but none of them was there. Is it any...
  4. User Installed Fonts are Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!

Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!: There are very few fonts around 140 in my fonts folder on windows. When using an office program like word - there are far more available. For example, I was using Adobe illustrator and wanted to use the 'Cooper Black' font, It wasn't in the list. I opened Word to check if it...
  6. missing fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing fonts: I have lost a large volume of fonts following a recent upgrade. What is the easiest way to restore previous fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-fonts/f3d5e73f-7163-46c5-a321-631d81bc9912
  7. missing font

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing font: Fonts have disappeared. I surprise because I did not install any software or update. Just when I was running word program, I received not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-font/e815ae83-f392-4ae8-8de4-6caae2cfc256
  8. Missing fonts

Missing fonts: Hi, Not sure if I am in the right section. For some reason, MS Sans Serif and Small fonts are missing from my system. I have had to reset ? my computer because of issues with Update 1903 that weren't fixed by 1909. Don't understand why these fonts are missing. Trying to...
  9. Missing Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Font: I'm looking for some help. I had to reset Windows 10 64 bit due to having to sort out an SQL problem with software I was using. I have just now found that a particular font (Lucida Handwriting) I use is no longer there, I'm not sure about other fonts that could be missing...
  10. Missing Fonts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Missing Fonts: Hi all. I've been using MS Office, WPS Writer and LibreOffice. I installed about a dozen new Fonts last month to the Computer. I need something typed for my Wife and started using MS Word. I noticed the Fonts I installed are not showing in the drop down box. But they are...