Windows 10: Installed fonts wont show up

Discus and support Installed fonts wont show up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer, along with 3 others at my office, have an issue with missing fonts. After Upgrading all the computers to windows 10 there have been issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian_CP, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Brian_CP Win User

Installed fonts wont show up

My computer, along with 3 others at my office, have an issue with missing fonts. After Upgrading all the computers to windows 10 there have been issues with a few computers.

In microsoft word, if I start a new file, certain fonts will only show up as Arial font (Old English, Vivaldi, etc.) Maybe a little less than half of all my fonts do that. If i open up word pad, those fonts show up blank on the drop down menu, and when i pick one of the blanks, it is a blocky font that is the same for all the blank spots. If I open up an existing word, with one of those fonts i get an error message saying "Word experienced an error trying to open the file" and when i hit OK it doesn't open.

In addition I use a program called MathCAD which uses a specific font for all its formulas called "Mathcad UniMath Prime". When i use mathcad i can see the font and its not a problem. But when i print something out, that font just disappears. Same happens if i pdf it. But if i save the file and someone prints it from a different computer it prints fine.

Lastly, I checked the settings>Fonts and looked at available fonts. and all the troublesome fonts are available just like the fonts that work properly. In the picture below I chose viv for vivaldi.

Installed fonts wont show up f7d955a4-c910-495d-9be8-f42fb8aae884?upload=true.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Brian_CP, Oct 18, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 18, 2019
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 18, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Installed fonts wont show up - Similar Threads - Installed fonts wont

2. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  3. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  4. Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install: Hello,I am unable to add the optional feature Japanese Supplemental FontsI have already done restarts, ensure my Windows is fully updated, etc.I keep getting the error code 0x80080005, no idea why. Please help.My PC:Windows 10 Home EditionVersion 1903Build 18362.1256Thanks....
  5. Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install

Japanese Supplemental Fonts wont install: Hello,I am unable to add the optional feature Japanese Supplemental FontsI have already done restarts, ensure my Windows is fully updated, etc.I keep getting the error code 0x80080005, no idea why. Please help.My PC:Windows 10 Home EditionVersion 1903Build 18362.1256Thanks....
  6. Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with fonts installed on PC but not showing up: Dear Experts,I have searched and searched online and have only found that MANY have this same issue. As of yet, I have no solution. My issue is installing fonts on a brand new PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have followed all the instructions and installed the fonts the way you...
  7. Game wont show up

Game wont show up: Hey, i purchased and downloaded minecraft starter addition but when i play minecraft it opens to the free trial game and asks me to upgrade to the full version and the starter pack is in the store but if i open my recent purchases its there like i bought it ad the money is...
  8. Fonts not showing up in the font folder .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts not showing up in the font folder .: I cant use any of my fonts . It says they are there but i don't see them . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-not-showing-up-in-the-font-folder/a47a6d69-5683-4579-bd56-d63e754a32fd
  9. fonts installed but not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    fonts installed but not showing: Hi I've installed a font family - HK Grotesk - but some of the iterations, ie BOLD, aren't showing when I go to use them in Word. This has happened with other fonts I've installed. I've tried removing the fonts and reinstalling, restarting the pc, downloading from a...
  10. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder: I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized...