Windows 10: Installed Game Controllers tab empty

Discus and support Installed Game Controllers tab empty in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In "Devices and Printers", when I right click on my wireless controller and go to "game controller settings", the "Installed Game Controllers" tab is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Neikaln, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Neikaln Win User

Installed Game Controllers tab empty

In "Devices and Printers", when I right click on my wireless controller and go to "game controller settings", the "Installed Game Controllers" tab is completely empty, there used to be something in there, but ever since I removed the device and readded it it's been missing and steam no longer recognises my DualShock 4. This is really frustrating at 1 am at night and I just want some help. I've looked through a lot of posts on the internet and the only relevant one I've found was an unanswered thread in Tom's Hardware Forums.

:)

Neikaln, Dec 6, 2020

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 6, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Installed Game Controllers tab empty

Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Installed Game Controllers tab empty

1. Installed Game Controllers tab empty - Similar Threads - Installed Game Controllers

2. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Enhancement tab is empty: In the sound control panel for the microphone, the enhancement tab is there but is empty with only the disable all effects box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-enhancement-tab-is-empty/98f201f3-d141-4b6e-b7f4-cf894f852ce2
  3. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Enhancement tab is empty: In the sound control panel for the microphone, the enhancement tab is there but is empty with only the disable all effects box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-enhancement-tab-is-empty/98f201f3-d141-4b6e-b7f4-cf894f852ce2
  4. Microphone Enhancement tab is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Partner portal empty besides insights tab

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Partner portal empty besides insights tab: I am attempting to launch an app on the windows store. I created an account and went to https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/home. There are no options within besides insights and the left hand navigation button does not work. Attempted across four browsers with the...
  6. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  7. People tab is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People tab is empty: Microsoft Photos 2019.19041.16510.0 Photos is configured to look at my 'Pictures' folder in OneDrive. All the sub-folders seem to be accessed. I've got information under Collection and Album. However, the People tab is empty. I have hundreds of people in my pictures in...
  8. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...: It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The troubleshooter doesn't do anything it says can't detect the problem. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and...
  9. Game Controller Settings list is empty

Game Controller Settings list is empty: Hello everyone, I got a little Probleme here, I plugged an XBox 360 Controller in and it got recognized by Windows 10 and on the Guide Button one green light is on. But the main problem is that when I go to Device and Hardware and do the usual thing "Right Click >...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...