Windows 10: Installed game will not play

Discus and support Installed game will not play in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a game installed on my pc. It will not me play it anymore it gives me 4002 error meassge and tells me to reinstall the game because of bug. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Outcow686174241, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Installed game will not play

I have a game installed on my pc. It will not me play it anymore it gives me 4002 error meassge and tells me to reinstall the game because of bug. I've reinstalled the game 6 times now and it still does not work.

:)

Outcow686174241, Apr 13, 2020

2. Can't play pyramid solitaire game in Windows 10

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share this:

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 13, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 13, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Installed game will not play

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Installed game will not play

1. Installed game will not play - Similar Threads - Installed game play

2. Playing installed game on standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing installed game on standard account: Is it still safe and secure if I play genshin impact in standard account after windows OS and windows defender ends and didn't install any antivirus app?...
  3. Playing installed game on standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing installed game on standard account: Is it still safe and secure if I play genshin impact in standard account after windows OS and windows defender ends and didn't install any antivirus app?...
  4. Playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing games.: As I wanted to play my game I clicked open and a popup appeared and said something about a secure channel and would not let me play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-games/080f4e28-eaec-46cb-9557-7103524f785e
  5. Playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing games.: As I wanted to play my game I clicked open and a popup appeared and said something about a secure channel and would not let me play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-games/080f4e28-eaec-46cb-9557-7103524f785e
  6. Can't play or install games in microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't play or install games in microsoft store.: Every time i try to install an game it shows me "try again later, something happened on our end", i tried to install games on xbox app but it doesn't work too.I tried this solutions which failed:- Reinstalling microsoft store.- Reseting microsoft store cache.- Restarting PCI...
  7. Cannot play a game while MSFS installs :

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot play a game while MSFS installs :: Thought I would play a game while I install MSFS, turns out every time I press A on my control, MSFS forums opens on the browser. This makes playing any game impossible! :' This needs to be patched....
  8. Installing and playing old microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing and playing old microsoft games: how can I play my CD's with Windows95 operating systems. I was told to that Compatibility Mode in Settings might work but I am having trouble locating that....
  9. Game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game play: I have just bought tomb raider on disc and it wont play on my new laptop. I have windows 10. Have I wasted my money or can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-play/3277ae26-6519-484e-a2ed-1e6e7f57e15b
  10. BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing games and Updates are not installing: Good evening I've just recently got several error messages saying that updates have failed to install due to registry such as the definition updates for Windows Defender today and at the same time receiving an BSOD like "PFN_List_Corrupt" after Hearts of Iron 4 crashed....