Windows 10: Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38

Discus and support Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After installing the "HiSuite" software to connect a Huawei phone that came with the phone, I noticed that my system no longer recognizes any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [Jean.Paul], Jun 1, 2020.

1. Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38

Hello,

After installing the "HiSuite" software to connect a Huawei phone that came with the phone, I noticed that my system no longer recognizes any USB drives/sticks.

The message in the device manager properties is always the same:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. Code 38

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

I tried everything, uninstalling huawei hisuite, different solutions I found searching uninstalling USB drivers, etc and even a software "USB Oblivion". Nothing seems to resolve this.

I expected it to go away with the 2004 update but I still have the same issue after the update. The system can boot from a USB stick, but when Win10 is booted, it does not mount any USB drives/sticks and always with the same error message above in the properties in device manager.

I also noticed that the hardware trouble shooter no longer exists, which is a solution that is suggested in a lot of places but no longer seems possible. Why is it gone?

How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards,

JP

:)

[Jean.Paul], Jun 1, 2020
  2. oliver44 Win User

HiSuite by Huawei installation error

HiSuite 9.0.3.300 by Huawei installation error in Windows 10 version 1903.
    Does anyone know how to install this application in the window 10, because she worked in the previous version?

Thx

oliver44, Jun 1, 2020
  3. HiSuite by Huawei installation error

Huawei is banned. *Wink

margrave55, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38

USB Devices not work - code 38

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving an error Code 38 for USB mass storage device. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

The error code 38 states that Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. It is caused because the driver could not be loaded because a previous instance is still loaded.
    For more information, see
    Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Reboot your computer

The simplest way would be to reboot your computer and check if that helps.

Method 2: Rollback the driver

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try rollback the driver and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right click on USB Mass Storage device and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Reinstalling the driver

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try reinstalling the driver and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows key + X, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right click on the USB Mass Storage
      device and click on Uninstall.
    4. Uncheck the box Delete the driver software for this device
      and click on OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38

1. Installed Huawei hisuite, usb drives no longer working Error 38 - Similar Threads - Installed Huawei hisuite

2. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  3. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  4. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working: I have just recently started having an issue where my USB flash drive devices will no longer work after being plugged in and removed once. It is possible that USB flash drive devices have not been working for a while now because I do not regularly use them, but regardless, I...
  6. Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working

Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working: I have just recently started having an issue where my USB flash drive devices will no longer work after being plugged in and removed once. It is possible that USB flash drive devices have not been working for a while now because I do not regularly use them, but regardless, I...
  7. USB Drive Problem code 38

USB Drive Problem code 38: Hi, I've been having this problem from yesterday. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I have 2 external drives that are all the time attached to the PC. Since yesterday I realized only 1 of them is displayed in Explorer. I tried many things: uninstall the USB driver from device...
  8. HiSuite by Huawei installation error

HiSuite by Huawei installation error: HiSuite 9.0.3.300 by Huawei installation error in Windows 10 version 1903. Does anyone know how to install this application in the window 10, because she worked in the previous version? Thx 133758
  9. HiSuite by Huawei installation error

in Windows 10 Support
    HiSuite by Huawei installation error: HiSuite 9.0.3.300 by Huawei installation error in Windows 10 version 1903. Does anyone know how to install this application in the window 10, because she worked in the previous version? Thx 133758
  10. Huawei backup using HiSuite

Huawei backup using HiSuite: Recently I resetted my pc and updated Hisuite in my pc running on windows 10 (64 bit). Then I found data backup of my Huawei phone is being failed each time I run backup using HiSuite 9.0.3.300. A message appears saying, "failed to obtain the info.xml configuration file". I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mass storage cant install on pc HUAWEI phone after hisuite installation