Windows 10: Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

Discus and support Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've made an epic mistake, and installed 30,000 third party fonts. They installed fine, but no matter what I do I cannot even delete one of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lakelandmusic, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

I've made an epic mistake, and installed 30,000 third party fonts.
    They installed fine, but no matter what I do I cannot even delete one of them.

I've tried Font Settings in Control Panel, tried restoring to default (doesn't do anything),
    and downloaded numerous font managers, which see the fonts, but won't let me delete them.

I've also tried gaining access to the folder directly, but there is no security tab on the files or folder.
    I'm at my wits end here, I really do not wish to wipe the OS and have to reconfigure and reinstall the dozens of apps I have. This is a studio PC, and has been set up painstakingly.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

lakelandmusic, Jan 9, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 9, 2019
  3. How to Hide Fonts

Can you name some other 3rd party solutions because I can't seem to find any that actually hides the fonts from appearing in applications like Microsoft Word. It's so annoying to have this huge long list.

I've tried NexusFont as it's one of the more popular programs and it does not hide the fonts that I do not want in Microsoft Word. It's still there. Nexus font simply categorizes all the fonts that you have. It's a little annoying because if you want to use it, Nexus Font takes a while to load.

CerebralFreeze, Jan 9, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

1. Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything - Similar Threads - Installed Huge Font

2. my font wont change and ive tried everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my font wont change and ive tried everything?: bassicaly my friend had control of my pc becouse we were trying to fix something but now my fonts look like this picture down below and ive tried every youtube tutorial and reseting my pc for it and other stuff but it dosnt work anyone help?...
  3. Trying to install Ryzen Master, but there is a huge problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install Ryzen Master, but there is a huge problem: Hi,I tried installing Ryzen Master today after recently purchasing a Windows 10 activation key and noticed a much larger problem was happening. My system is not picking up that I am on an AMD cpu Ryzen 9 5900X on ASUS x570 tuf gaming motherboard when I tried to install AMD...
  4. menu font is huge. Font size slider is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    menu font is huge. Font size slider is missing: Hello, booted my pc as normal. The menu font in office and any other app are much larger than they use to be. In the Display settings there use to be a slider to adjust the font size. That slider is gone. There is the Make everything bigger" drop down menu but is already on...
  5. Huge fonts on my desktop

Huge fonts on my desktop: HI, I use a second screen with my laptop to edit my photos with Lightroom Classic. Suddenly the font on the desktop is huge, see print screen. Also in file explorer. Tried changing font size in settings but 100% is the smallest which is the current setting. Searched the...
  6. Please help everything is huge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help everything is huge: Everything is big and it wont let me change it the option to change the size of text, apps, and other items is greyed out :( I don’t know what to do... submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ioo7qt/please_help_everything_is_huge/
  7. How do I remove this "Huge, Large, Medium" file size grouping? I've tried everything in the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this "Huge, Large, Medium" file size grouping? I've tried everything in the...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/4tdiqnuzry051.png?width=485&format=png&auto=webp&s=cfc0150fd1ec27724fbcb90364e58106d480fef4 submitted by /u/jakeataylorr [link] [comments]...
  8. huge font size

huge font size: The font size on my computer is all of a sudden huge. I need help to get it back to normal. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-font-size/5e454194-9d60-46fd-9989-0922217bb5ff
  9. the font size of everything in the Community is now huge. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the font size of everything in the Community is now huge. Windows 10: When replying to DaveM121 just now in another thread of mine, the size of the screen/font suddenly went huge. I'm unable to show you what the normal size/view is but this snip might help: [ATTACH] The above is normally spread out in one horizontal line, of course so...
  10. Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution: The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at 1920x1080. The only things I did were disconnect a second monitor I am now using for my laptop and click ease of access and...