Windows 10: Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

Discus and support Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've made an epic mistake, and installed 30,000 third party fonts. They installed fine, but no matter what I do I cannot even delete one of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lakelandmusic, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

I've made an epic mistake, and installed 30,000 third party fonts.
    They installed fine, but no matter what I do I cannot even delete one of them.

I've tried Font Settings in Control Panel, tried restoring to default (doesn't do anything),
    and downloaded numerous font managers, which see the fonts, but won't let me delete them.

I've also tried gaining access to the folder directly, but there is no security tab on the files or folder.
    I'm at my wits end here, I really do not wish to wipe the OS and have to reconfigure and reinstall the dozens of apps I have. This is a studio PC, and has been set up painstakingly.
    Any help would be appreciated.

:)

lakelandmusic, Jan 9, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 9, 2019
  3. How to Hide Fonts

Can you name some other 3rd party solutions because I can't seem to find any that actually hides the fonts from appearing in applications like Microsoft Word. It's so annoying to have this huge long list.

I've tried NexusFont as it's one of the more popular programs and it does not hide the fonts that I do not want in Microsoft Word. It's still there. Nexus font simply categorizes all the fonts that you have. It's a little annoying because if you want to use it, Nexus Font takes a while to load.

CerebralFreeze, Jan 9, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

1. Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything - Similar Threads - Installed Huge Font

2. Hideous virus - cannot remove - tried everything to avoid formatting drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hideous virus - cannot remove - tried everything to avoid formatting drive...: Unfortunately I was attacked by a virus clicking on a false download button. it showed in the task manager as 'demonic' among many other names. I ran Avast boot time scan, malware bytes, adaware, hitman pro and emisoft anti malware plus uninstalled and reinstalled all...
  3. "Unidentified network". Tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Unidentified network". Tried everything: I've had this issue ever since I got the new PC. It's an alright PC and works fine with WiFi. However, I can't seem to get any of my ethernet cables or BT powerline adapters to work This has been happening for a while, and even continued when we changed from BThub 3 to...
  4. Reset and remove everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset and remove everything: Hello my friends. I reset windows 10 and chose remove everything yesterday. And i have a question.has All virus and connection history of my pc been deleted?...
  5. Can't install a Truetype font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't install a Truetype font: Hi, I install quite a few fonts, so am no stranger to the process, however, I have been having difficulty in installing a particular font which I can only find in Truetype format. I am getting the error message 'Invalid font file' and it looks as if the previous ones I have...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just don't know what to do at this point. Won't activate from the "Get Windows 10" program. Won't activate from the MediaCreationTool. It fully downloads and then restarts, but restarts to Windows 8.1 Endless failed updates, Tons of useless downloads in my...
  7. Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything: Hi, folks, ok, since 17th Oct with the new FCU new surprise also came out: The new -iconed and -named Microsoft Store opens but when I click on show all links nothing is showing. The only links working are those for music and films and tv. Already tried wsreset.exe, reset...
  8. Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.: Exactly as the title says, I'm having quite a bit of trouble removing the generic bluetooth drivers that Windows installs for you. Those have to be gone if I want to install Toshiba Bluetooth Stacks, which I need in order to use my Wii U Pro Controller in my computer. I've...
  9. Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is huge but at 1080p resolution: The problem: everything including icons, start menu, internet browsers, everything is appearing as if I am at a lower resolution even though I am at 1920x1080. The only things I did were disconnect a second monitor I am now using for my laptop and click ease of access and...
  10. Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried EVERYTHING - can't delete file. PLEASE HELP!: I've tried instruction after instruction and cannot delete a file. It's from a programme called Solidworks, and is left in the programme file called 3ds Light.otf. I've tried deleting in Safe mode Using deleting/unlocking utlities File Assassin and Unlocker Disabled...