Windows 10: Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . .

Discus and support Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank An, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Frank An Win User

Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . .

Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . .

:)

Frank An, Aug 13, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to personalize tiles in Start menu Windows 10

Hi Slobodan,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which is the build installed in your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Are you facing this issue in Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

Go to Start and then
    Settings.

Click on Update and Recovery.

Check for updates under
    Windows Updates.

Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the steps to know the latest build in your computer.

• Click on Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on System and select About.
    You may also refer the link suggested by Ramesh Srinivasan on February 20, 2016
    and follow the steps suggested.

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Do let us know if you are still unable to personalize start menu. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . .

After installing Windows 10 latest update unable to access Taskbar, Start menu, and desktop dispaly is not fine

Hi Kian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the operating system after the latest update on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the latest update installed on your computer?
    • Were you able to find any error message/ error code while accessing Start menu?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "Recycling can does not work. Things can be dragged into it, but it cannot be emptied from outside or inside the program"?

This issue might have caused due to corrupted/ missing system files after the latest update.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check:

Method 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan, DISM and PowerShell commands and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside
      Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

• sfc /scannow

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.

Method 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after the latest update on Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Installed latest Windows 10 update: can't access Start, Search, Personalize . . . - Similar Threads - Installed latest update

2. can't install the latest security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install the latest security update: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643. trying to install 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  3. can't install the latest security update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install the latest security update: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643. trying to install 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  4. can't install the latest security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  6. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.: Everytime I have tried to update my windows 10, it doesn't work, I'll go to sleep while it's updating and it'll be stuck at a random number. I've tried everything in this guide:...
  7. Can't update to the latest windows 10 update.

8. Can't update windows 10 to latest

Can't update windows 10 to latest: I am not able to update windows 10 to 2004 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-windows-10-to-latest/5e9bdbe0-e2f3-4dda-bd8b-b033757f6c79
  9. Latest Update Can't Install On Startup

Latest Update Can't Install On Startup: I turned on my laptop to find an update installing. This update got stuck at 36%. I waited a couple oh hours and no luck, so I did what Windows always says not to do: turn it off. I tried installing the update again; stuck at 36%. The next time, it tried to undo the changes....
  10. Can't install windows 10 latest

Can't install windows 10 latest: I updated windows 10, version 1803, but can't install latest version and fail to install. And lost my update..then it is updating again. How could it be possible to install successfully after I update to Windows 10, version 1803. Please help me out. Thanks...