Windows 10: Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

Discus and support Installed M.2 drive is not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a new WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III -WDS100T2B0B onto a GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by messyhair42, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

I installed a new WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III -WDS100T2B0B onto a GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z170. Windows doesn't recognize the drive but it does appear in my BIOS. so far what troubleshooting I've done through the MB data sheet or WD hasn't been able to help. What should I do to make this drive available?

Version 1909 18363.1316

:)

messyhair42, Jan 22, 2021
  2. GlobalJim Win User

Windows 10 install not recognizing Samsung 850 Evo m.2 hard drive

I just built a PC from scratch and I'm trying to clean-install Windows 10 on the Samsung 850 Evo m.2 on my motherboard. This is my only hard drive connected. I'm trying to install via Windows 10 USB stick. When I get to the part in the Windows 10 install to select a drive to install Windows on, the list is empty. Any way I can get Windows 10 to recognize the m.2?

Build:

• Asus z170-a
    • 750w PSU
    • H100i
    • Msi 1070 gtx

GlobalJim, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Megahertz Win User
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

Is the M.2 disk recognized on BIOS?
    If it isn't, it's probably a hardware problem and you should as for a new in warranty.

If it's recognized on BIOS it's probably a corrupted software.
    Boot from a Win 10 installation disk, launch a cmd window (Shift+F10) and type:
    diskpart
    list volume (take note of the letter assigned to your windows in the M.2 drive)
    exit
    sfc /scannow /offwindir=X:\windows /offbootdir=X:\ (replace X with the drive letter found with list volume)

My recommendation is to create a utilities disk Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Megahertz, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I
    installed a Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB drive in a Z270X Gaming 7 MB and Win 10 has a problem and it sees it and formatted it as a Sata with only a little less than 500g of space???

JohnBarsotti, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Installed M.2 drive is not recognized

1. Installed M.2 drive is not recognized - Similar Threads - Installed drive recognized

2. Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD: Hello team, I have a brand new Dell 5406 with Windows 10 Home installed. I am able to work on Windows 10 but it has some issues and I want to re-install it. I have created a bootable Pen drive with help of MediaCreationTool20H2. How do I fix it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Adapter for M.2 Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adapter for M.2 Drive: I need an adapter to check the condition of a Kingston 128gb SSD NGFF M.2. I need to be able to plug it into a card that can then connect via USB to another PC. I've got a few adapters but not one for this drive. Any idea which adapter I need? This is the drive Kingston...
  4. M.2 Installation problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    M.2 Installation problem: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MadSkillzBruh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/haykn5/m2_installation_problem/
  5. Problems recognizing m.2 after installation of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems recognizing m.2 after installation of windows: Hello, I'm going slightly mad and would love some help. I got a Z390-F mobo and a Samsung 970 EVO m.2 SSD. Disconnected all other drives. I've followed numerous guides, but it doesnt quite work all the way for me. I have formatted the m.2 and converted it to gpt, and I...
  6. Operating system not recognizing m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating system not recognizing m.2 ssd: The new storage is being recognized in the bios but not being recognized by my operating system. Already tried updating OS and am wondering what I should try next in order to get it to work. specs motherboard: msi x470 gaming pro SSD: intel 660p OS: windows 10...
  7. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  8. M.2 SSD no longer being recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 SSD no longer being recognized: Six months or so ago I purchased an M.2 SSD and transferred windows from my old SSD to the new one. I've had no issues up until today but when I tried to boot my computer, windows randomly didn't recognize my SSD. It said reboot and select proper boot device. I've tried...
  9. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...
  10. M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    M.2 Drive Not Found By Bios: I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 drive and when I install it into my system the bios does not find it. Windows 10 PRO finds it and I am able to format and use it. I think it is a motherboard bios issue because my old Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 drive is found by the bios...