Windows 10: Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

Discus and support Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I assume it has something to do with a partition on the HDD. Disk Manager does not allow me to delete 2 relatively small partitions, including one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/runitover, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

I assume it has something to do with a partition on the HDD. Disk Manager does not allow me to delete 2 relatively small partitions, including one labeled "Recovery" and one labeled "EFI System Partition." I assume W10 is detecting the recovery partition and is giving me the option to boot from that? I see no need for these now that I am booting from the SSD. Do I just need to use MiniTool on these partitions or is there some other quick method? Not with my laptop right now or I'd try it myself. Thanks.

submitted by /u/runitover
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/runitover, Aug 23, 2020

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

Clean Install From Upgrade to Second SSD Intead of HDD

I recently purchased a HP Envy 17t laptop with an 1tb HDD that has windows 8.1 installed. I would like to install the upgrade to windows 10 but I want to put it on a my old Mushkin 120gb SSD and use the HDD as a storage drive. Is there a way to do a clean
    install to my SSD instead of the HDD?

TrevorBrennan, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was...

1. Installed M2 SSD + clean install of Windows on said SSD in laptop alongside HDD. HDD was... - Similar Threads - Installed SSD clean

2. Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD: I'm trying to completely wipe everything off my computer and reinstall Windows 11 from scratch. I built my computer around two years ago and installed the Windows 11 OS onto a 2TB HDD but now have a 2TB SSD and want to install it there and swap out the 2TB HDD for an 8TB HDD....
  3. Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clean install from HDD to SSD: I'm trying to completely wipe everything off my computer and reinstall Windows 11 from scratch. I built my computer around two years ago and installed the Windows 11 OS onto a 2TB HDD but now have a 2TB SSD and want to install it there and swap out the 2TB HDD for an 8TB HDD....
  4. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  5. Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows 10 install on SSD with HDD as storage only: Hello all. I need to do a clean Windows 10 install on my laptop (I want to sell it, and therefore need to disassociate my Windows account with the OS installation). I want to install Windows 10 on the SSD (M.2 2280 PCIE NVMe) and leave the HDD for storage only. Windows is...
  6. How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move from HDD to SSD with clean install?: I have a SSD on way that I will be using to run Windows and some apps. I will do a clean install of Windows on SSD. Will I need to format the old HDD? I want to retain my files that are not stored in C drive. submitted by /u/iamharshkumar97 [link] [comments]...
  7. Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install win10 on ssd and formating old hdd?: Hey fellow redditors! For the first time ever I will get myself a gaming pc, my brothers old pc. It has an HDD with Windows 10 and other stuff. I am planning to clean install the Windows on the SSD and remove/blank the HDD. I know how to install the Windows on the SSD. But...
  8. Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.

Clean install but upgrade from hdd to ssd.: current setup: hdd running 1903 primary boot target: 1909 upgrade/clean install on ssd then primary boot 1903 still bootable on hdd secondary/backup boot in case of failures of any kind. how would i manage that without an optical which is being replaced by a tray caddy...
  9. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD

Installing Windows 10 on HDD, then on SSD: I have recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 10 (because I took advantage of the free upgrade offer last year), but have created an ISO file for a full install as I want to fully install Windows 10 by itself. My plan is, if the install works and...