Windows 10: Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

Discus and support Installed Memory vs Usable Memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to work out why my installed memory and available memory are so far off in difference, 2.7 gig difference. Windows 10 Home Version The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnieSOwens, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

I am trying to work out why my installed memory and available memory are so far off in difference, 2.7 gig difference.

Windows 10 Home Version

The virtual memory shows the same difference, 2.23 gb

Page file system is 1.25 gb

Thank you

C

:)

ConnieSOwens, Aug 25, 2018
  2. max green Win User
    max green, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 incorrect memory

Hi Kulvir,

Your system may display a usable memory (RAM) which is less than the installed memory. This is because the usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus the
    Hardware Reserved Memory which is reserved for use by the BIOS and some drivers for other peripherals.

To view the installed memory and the usable memory in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer, right-click This PC, then choose
      Properties.
    • View the Installed memory (RAM) value under System.

For example, if it displays 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable), this means that you have
    15.9 GB of usable memory out of 16.0 GB of installed memory.

Feel free to post back if you have further concerns.

Angela Pun, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

1. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory - Similar Threads - Installed Memory Usable

2. Installed RAM Memory Usable Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed RAM Memory Usable Issue: Need to know does 64GB of Installed RAM Memory is fully usable means Usable RAM should be 64GB or the usable RAM will be less than 64GB? My PC is being operated by Windows 10Pro 64 Bits....
  3. How to expand usable memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to expand usable memory?: I have asked this question some time ago and I've been wanting a second opinion. My installed RAM is 8gb, it says 5.75gb usable. Im struggling with this, I cant run essential programs at once. My broswer and the antimalware service takes likes 75% already. Background services...
  4. How to expand usable memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to expand usable memory?: I have asked this question some time ago and I've been wanting a second opinion. My installed RAM is 8gb, it says 5.75gb usable. Im struggling with this, I cant run essential programs at once. My broswer and the antimalware service takes likes 75% already. Background services...
  5. How to expand usable memory?

6. Low usable memory

Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  7. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  8. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Memory usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Memory usable: hey I'm new to all this my ram is 4GB but only 2.45GB is usable can anyone pes help I have a HP all in one if that helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usable/55e40f4a-cd23-4712-9eb6-21fc34bcaa7c
  10. Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory.: I've noticed my memory is sky rocketing up to the 90%s when gaming or idle. I checked my specs and have realized only 6.6gb is usable. I was wondering if anyone had a fix to this? Thanks. [img] 48237