Windows 10: Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work

Discus and support Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So.....I am currently running Windows 10 on a Surface Book 3. I got a new microphone, and was trying to install the drivers to get it to work. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by re_792, Sep 19, 2021.

1. re_792 Win User

Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work

So.....I am currently running Windows 10 on a Surface Book 3. I got a new microphone, and was trying to install the drivers to get it to work. So I installed:Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BE, NUC8i5BE, and NUC8i3BE.https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19336/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-nuc8i7be-nuc8i5be-nuc8i3be.htmlIt told me that in order to do that, it would have to uninstall the original drivers. It also told me to restart my computer to finish the installation process. So I did. Then,

:)

re_792, Sep 19, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Hi Giancarlos,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

You may face this issue if proper audio drivers are not installed on the computer or if it is corrupted. I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1:

I Suggest you to run the Audio Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Playing audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.

• Restart the computer after the successful
      uninstallation of sound Device.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Durelzo Win User

I need a new audio driver that works with Windows 10 that is not Realtek.

My computer just underwent the recent Windows update and with it the updated Realtek audio driver. I don't know if I had been using a Realtek driver before that point, I never had a reason to pay attention to it. My audio input through any mic I connect
    since the update is horrible and I need a new driver that is not Realtek, as I have updated it again, un and reinstalled it and followed all the steps listed in other similar questions such as:

"I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

1. Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Device Manager.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to Uninstall.
    3. Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    4. To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Audio. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you."

This has not worked for me; I need an option that is either a guaranteed fix which I don't think is available, or a new compatible driver.

Durelzo, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Installed new audio drivers, and now the sound doesn't work - Similar Threads - Installed audio drivers

2. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  3. Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound and Audio driver not working ? no audio device found !: After updating the latest update 23H2 in windows 11 my audio I/O drivers not working. It shows "no audio device found". I tried to update the latest drivers from the manufacture website but it also not working . The driver works only once when I installed and restart the...
  4. Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work: I changed the audio format on my headphones and the sound stopped working entirely, tried reinstalling drivers, restarting windows audio services, restarting device, it doesn't let me change the format anymore either...
  5. Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work: I changed the audio format on my headphones and the sound stopped working entirely, tried reinstalling drivers, restarting windows audio services, restarting device, none of it seems to work...
  6. Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed audio format on headphones and now sound doesn't work: I changed the audio format on my headphones and the sound stopped working entirely, tried reinstalling drivers, restarting windows audio services, restarting device, none of it seems to work...
  7. Audio Sound Does now Work

Audio Sound Does now Work: Dear Sirs, Audio Sound does not work can you fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sound-does-now-work/36ed22c5-f779-4d0b-b40d-0721a019d447
  8. Installing Driver Doesn't Work

Installing Driver Doesn't Work: I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. It used to be installed on a computer running Windows 7. I just hooked up the scanner. When I tried to download the driver using Windows automatic search for the drivers function, it told me that no drivers are available. I...
  9. New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903

New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903: Hi, I have two identical newly built computers, and the onboard sound is not working on one of the two. Here are the specs for both: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/Wraith Stealth cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB memory modules, two 8 GB...
  10. Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.

Headset audio/sound works but microphone doesn't.: Hi, I've been experiencing this problem for a week now, and it is very frustrating. When I go to the Windows 'Sounds' tab, then "Playback". It says that my headset (Logitech G231) is plugged in and working. Then when I go to the 'Recording' tab, it says: "Not plugged in"....