Windows 10: Installed new motherboard...problems

Discus and support Installed new motherboard...problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DGR0010, Oct 2, 2018.

1. DGR0010 Win User

Installed new motherboard...problems

Greetings
    I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD.

After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and E: a DVD burner.
    Most of her programs were on the Seagate HD, including Microsoft Office 2010. I ahve been trying to re-install Office to no avail. Getting the Microsoft SP1 & 2 of Office as well as the Full version, I tried Add/Repair at the install menu as well as Re-install. Office installer balks at re-install with all 3 packages Saying something about a bad folder name .... which I am currently attempting to install into the new D:Microsoft Office.
    Question....Would it be best to change the drive letters of the drives back to the original way they were...or remove Office and re-install?

Thanks for any help.

:)

DGR0010, Oct 2, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 2, 2018
  4. 4747 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4747, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Installed new motherboard...problems - Similar Threads - Installed motherboard problems

2. New motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard: New motherboard and SSD installed. Windows 10 installed on SSD, old hard drive connected for storage. Old hard drive has previous windows install and key on it, upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Key is the default product key for Windows 10 Pro. Trying to activate new Windows...
  3. New motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard: New motherboard and SSD installed. Windows 10 installed on SSD, old hard drive connected for storage. Old hard drive has previous windows install and key on it, upgraded from Win 7 to 10. Key is the default product key for Windows 10 Pro. Trying to activate new Windows...
  4. new motherboard activation problems

new motherboard activation problems: Yes I bought a dell computer with windows 7 Pro. I upgraded to the most recent windows 10 as the updates came out and were free. I recently had to replace my motherboard. Now it tells me the windows product key on my computer tower is invalid?...
  5. new motherboard

new motherboard: I am here because I want to get a new mother board but when i was trying to find one I was thinking that I need to buy windows again. so may I ask if I get a new motherboard do I have to get windows again?...
  6. New Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Motherboard: Hello, I recently sent my motherboard out for a repair with its warranty and I still have its ssd. Will I still need to buy windows or can I just use the same ssd and not have to repurchase windows?...
  7. Windows install with new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install with new motherboard: I am trying to install windows 10 on my new motherboard /PC but it wont accept my license key. How do I sort this out? I have already tried the support areas but nothing has worked and my current Key says its not valid on the new motherboard. I should have windows 10 pro...
  8. Installing Windows on new Motherboard?

Installing Windows on new Motherboard?: Hello, In the up-coming weeks I will finish building a new PC. I have Windows 10 installed on my current PC and I think it was last year I was told that my Windows is OEM or something and once it's being installed, it cannot be installed on new PC. And was I told that I...
  9. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  10. New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot: Hey everyone, so I just installed an MSI Z170A 1151 M3 motherboard with an i7 6700k CPU. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 pro x64 on an SSD and am running into a problem. The process goes something like this: Boot into BIOS Changed boot order to SSD > Flash Drive >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Installation and troubleshooting the Motherboard

2. windows 10 update clean install new motherboard 2018