Windows 10: Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect

Discus and support Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Gave my brother my old gaming pc. Took out my ssd and gave him a blank one and installed windows 10 with a usb drive. All worked fine but now it can’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chiefkief114, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect

Gave my brother my old gaming pc. Took out my ssd and gave him a blank one and installed windows 10 with a usb drive. All worked fine but now it can’t connect to any internet using WiFi or Ethernet cable

submitted by /u/Chiefkief114
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chiefkief114, Aug 14, 2020
  2. KevWng Win User

Install Windows 10 OS on a new SSD drive ?

My laptop's hard drive failed recently, and I can not find the Windows 10 recovery disk, how to I install Windows 10 OS on a new SSD drive ?

KevWng, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Caramelo Win User
    Looking for tutorial for fresh install of win10 home on new ssd

I looked over the tutorial for custom installation of win 10 but it had many steps about microsoft accounts that I'm not sure are applicable to me.

I have a new pc with a brand new ssd (sata) and I have made a bootable usb drive with win10 installation files on it.

I'd like to use a step by step guide of how to install the os, including if I need to format the ssd and whether I need to do anything special during the installation in order to be able to boot in UEFI bios.

Caramelo, Aug 14, 2020
  4. shrubach Win User

Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect

Windows 10 boots with a black screen and command prompt after installing on a new SSD drive

Hey.

My PC is currently running on a windows 7 OS. It has an SSD (for windows) + HDD(for data) drives which are currently in use.

I have purchased and added 2 additional SSD hard drives and added them to my PC (they are initialized, allocated and visible on my win7).

I wish to dual boot the pc, so i'll have win10 on the 1st new SSD drive and its data on the 2nd new SSD drive. I want to be able to choose which OS to run after every pc restrat.

Here are the steps I've taken:

1. I've successfully downloaded and made a boot-able USB stick with win10 using the windows tool.

2. I have loaded my PC in boot mode, and booted up with my USB stick.

3. I converted my MBR to GPT using the cmd and installed wind10 on the new SSD drive. Then waited for the installation to finish.

4. The installation was done, and the pc restarted.

5. After the restart, my PC booted up with the old Win7 (it didn't offer a choice of the two). I've changed to boot order to boot my new SSD drive (the one with the win10 installed) to boot first and restarted the pc.

6. The pc booted with my new SSD drive but the only thing I see is a black screen with a command prompt. Nothing else.

What am I missing?

How should I do it else?

Thanks,

Shay.

shrubach, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect

1. Installed new os on new ssd with usb drive, no WiFi/lan/ anything able to connect - Similar Threads - Installed ssd usb

2. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  3. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing new OS on new SSD.: I have Windows 10 on a separate SSD that has failed. I’d like to simply install a new SSD, and also the most up-to-date Windows OS. Since the current OS is on a failing, non-bootable drive, how do I install a new OS on a clean drive? I am not aware of any bootable OS’s on any...
  4. Installing new OS on new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cloning an OS to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning an OS to a new SSD: Hi there! I bought a tower from a friends company but had to buy a new SSD that did have an OS installed onto it. I was wondering how I can go about cloning my current OS from my laptop onto the new SSD so I can use the tower. I have found numerous videos showing how to clone...
  6. Not able to connect via wifi after installing an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to connect via wifi after installing an ssd: So I installed an sata m.2 ssd to my laptop which is acer aspire 3 ryzen 5 2500u model. While installing windows 10 to the ssd i was able to connect to the wifi in the setup. But after booting to the windows it does not show the wifi available near me. I tried inspecting the...
  7. Installing new OS on new drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new OS on new drive: Im going to be installing a new motherboard with new Internal Solid State M.2 drive which im going to install the OS on. Currently Win10 is on Local Disk C Drive on a Sata HD. Ill disconnect this drive first then install the OS on the new drive and im presuming this will...
  8. migrating OS to new ssd

migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  9. New OS SSD Drive

New OS SSD Drive: I'm confused with what, if I anything, that I need to do in order to activate Windows 10 once I replace/upgrade my OS SSD. I originally was able to take advantage of the free Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. What do I need to do with regard to activation once I re-install windows 10...
  10. Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Not able to install new ISO on SSD: Basically, I got fed up with the daily problems from doing an "upgrade" from Win8.1 to Win10TP 32-bit and decided to install afresh from the latest ISO. Since I have a 64-bit processor and 8GB of memory (now) I thought I'd try the 64-bit version. Booted from the USB stick,...