Windows 10: Installed new SSD and HD, Windows keeps "finding errors" and ends up corrupting the new drives!

Discus and support Installed new SSD and HD, Windows keeps "finding errors" and ends up corrupting the new drives! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So here's the deal: I bought a brand new Sold State Drive and Hard Drive to upgrade my PC's storage. Upon installing each one to my computer, going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiabM, Aug 17, 2019.

1. DiabM Win User

Installed new SSD and HD, Windows keeps "finding errors" and ends up corrupting the new drives!

So here's the deal: I bought a brand new Sold State Drive and Hard Drive to upgrade my PC's storage.

Upon installing each one to my computer, going through Disk Management to initialize the drives and formatting them, windows immediately notifies me that it has detected errors with my drives.
    I restart my PC, go through troubleshooting (chkdsk Command Prompt, etc.), try to repair the errors. Nothing works and windows believes my drives are corrupted now.

I contact Samsung and get the drives repaired, even use different SATA cables and re-install them to the computer, only to have Windows say the drives have errors and are re-corrupted.

Clearly something is wrong with my computer and not the drives, right? Please help, I want to use these drives!

:)

DiabM, Aug 17, 2019
  2. guitz Win User

Windows 10 re-installation sequence for new SSD drive

What is the ideal order of steps (and steps themselves) to install a new 250g SSD drive, and have windows 10 run on it, but leave my current mechanical HD that has windows 10 currently on it in the pc as well for my content, etc?

guitz, Aug 17, 2019
  3. cavie9496 Win User
    Error Code 0x80070017 for new SSD

Hi there,

I've been trying to find information about the following, and while there is a lot about the error code 0x80070017, I am yet to find any solution to my issue with the error. Here's the run down:

• I have an HP PC in which the mechanical hard drive failed. The system also had 8 gb memory.
    • I bought a Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD to replace broken HD.
    • Also bought 16 gigs memory (why not upgrade that while I'm at it?).
    • Grabbed and put on a USB drive the Windows 10 Creation Tool.
    • Start up the computer and boot off the USB.
    • Start Windows installation on blank, never been used Samsung SSD.
    • Type in the authentication key.
    • Go through the process and it gets stuck, giving me the error code 0x80070017.
    It should be noted that one time it did get through the whole process, but then failed as it was finalizing.

There seems to be very little information about this error code and how to fix it for new, never used hard drives. Most of what I'm finding is for people upgrading to Windows 10 who have access to a working Windows 7, so they can go in and fix it. (Turn
    off virus protection etc.)

I've downloaded the Creation Tool twice on two different USB drives (one was brand new bought this morning).

What gives? Is this a hardware issue? My computer says the new memory and SSD are operating just fine.

Help! Thanks!

cavie9496, Aug 17, 2019
  4. RLRehm Win User

Installed new SSD and HD, Windows keeps "finding errors" and ends up corrupting the new drives!

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Installed new SSD and HD, Windows keeps "finding errors" and ends up corrupting the new drives! - Similar Threads - Installed SSD keeps

2. Switched boot drive to new SSD, new windows install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switched boot drive to new SSD, new windows install: Hi, I inherited a computer from a friend. It had Windows 10 on it but an older HDD and older components, maybe 2010-2012ish. As far as i can tell they work fine. The OS and HDD is just real sluggish. So I got a 1TB SSD and attempted to install it to be the boot drive. I...
  3. new install on new ssd,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new install on new ssd,: is there a way to delete just the windows files on my old ssd or am i going to have to format my old ssd to get rid of the old installation? submitted by /u/traveler9001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxhkz5/new_install_on_new_ssd/
  4. New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive

New Windows 10 installation to SSD drive: Hello My laptop hard drive failed and as I had to change the hard drive anyway I decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. I also purchased a new Window 10 Pro installation disk. I have been trying to install the disk drive and widows on my laptop and I am getting the well known...
  5. Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert from HD to SSD and install to new computer: Hi Microsoft, I have windows 10 pro and Microsoft office 365 installed at old computer. I planed to convert The HD to SSD and than The SSD will install to new computer. What must step/procedure be followed to successfully the installation at new computer? Thank you....
  6. New install w10. Didn't find a 1tb HD.

New install w10. Didn't find a 1tb HD.: System is w10 on HP Envy, 32gb ram, 2.5tb internal HD, 250gb external. The new installation of w10 did not find a 1tb HD. There are 2 installed. Found only one. How is this solved? dlw 143386
  7. New install w10. Didn't find a 1tb HD.

in Windows 10 Support
    New install w10. Didn't find a 1tb HD.: The new installation of w10 did not find a 1tb HD. There are 2 installed. Found only one. How is this solved? dlw 143386
  8. new ssd drive

new ssd drive: bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-drive/753d7a65-1691-4a40-89ed-e8911b00f93c
  9. Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install

Keyboard error on new HD Windows 10 install: I had a hard drive failure so i installed a new hard drive. Bought a new Windows 10 disk and when I tried to install it I get a keyboard error and then no boot drive detected. Can't get to the BIOS since it doesn't recognize the keyboard. I've double checked all connections...
  10. How do I install new SSD HD as a replacement C:\ Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I install new SSD HD as a replacement C:\ Drive?: I currently have a 128gb SSD HD with Win10 (c drive), I also have a 2 TB HD to hold games and media, and a newly purchased 256gb SSD HD. My question is how do I install the new 256gb to replace the 128gb HD? I don't want to clone anything, but would like to use the files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd keeps corrupting