Windows 10: installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image)

Discus and support installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HD started to showed signs of going bad, so I installed a new Crucial mx500 SSD into my Dell 3464AIO. I put the old HD on a USB to SATA converter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1st.RAbbott, Apr 16, 2019.

1. installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image)

My HD started to showed signs of going bad, so I installed a new Crucial mx500 SSD into my Dell 3464AIO. I put the old HD on a USB to SATA converter and attempted to perform a clone of the old HD to SSD. It looked like everything was going okay, screen showed 88% complete, but then I got this message "Failed to apply image". I performed a restart on the computer to see if it would reboot, it failed to find a system. So I removed the SSD and put it on the USB/SATA cable and plugged it into my MacBook, it shows that files were copied to the SSD.

I again installed the SSD to the Dell 3464AIO, and tried to perform a reset to original system. Again everything looked like it was going well until it got to 88%, at that point it again gave me the "Failed to apply image".

I was able to get into Dells recovery tools and ran the disk check, it showed "No problem found"

Does anybody have a suggestion for fixing this problem?

Thanks 1st.Rabbott

:)

1st.RAbbott, Apr 16, 2019

2. System Image on new SSD

Recently my HDD failed in my laptop, I had previously created a system image on an external hard drive and a repair disk on a DVD. I created the system image in a subfolder of the external drive as it contains multiple system images for different computers.
    I have a new SSD that I am installing in place of my failed HDD, I have tried booting with the repair disk and recovering my system image to the new SSD without success, and just tried using AOMEI partition assistant but from what I can see, this software
    only installs current OS onto new SSD. I am using a second laptop and want to transfer/recover the system image from my external drive to the new SSD, any ideas on using AOMEI, other software, or figuring out how to properly do this using Windows recovery?

thecreator159, Apr 16, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    System Image on new SSD

Hi,

It may be that it is not looking for the System Image in sub folders...

It may also be because the SSD is Not "Initialized" and\or formatted...

A System Image is normally not recognized if the Repair Media you are booting with is of a older version, but that shouldn't apply to you if you made them both at the same time..

There are a number of free BOOTABLE 3rd party utilities that would allow you to Initialize\Format your SSD...

If you have any Windows 7 installation media you can boot with, you can use that to setup the SSD... Just start a Custom Install, then either format the drive as is, or select "NEW" and proceed… Once the drive is setup click NEXT, then cancel the install...

BTW... This is a Windows 7 machine correct ? Sometimes Windows 10 machines end up in the Win 7 forum because of the name of the imaging tool...

slance310, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Gary7277 Win User

installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image)

Unable to install Windows 10 system image on new SSD

Hello,

I'm upgrading from a 1TB HDD to a 480GB SSD. Laptop is a DELL Inspiron 17 5758. I made a recovery disc and created a system image in an external drive. All goes well until I select to re-image computer. Once started immediately get the following error message:

"The system image failed.

an error occurred while performing the recovery operation."

In details it states "No disc that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found"

I've tried the different suggestions to no avail. Any help?

Gary7277, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image)

1. installed new SSD, Can't perform system reset (Failed to apply image) - Similar Threads - installed SSD Can't

2. Windows not performing on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not performing on new SSD.: I got a new SSD and i installed windows, it works fine for sometime and becomes extremely slow and then when i try to restart, it takes about 10 minutes. I've tried windows 8 as well, same problem. But Ubuntu works fine, what am i missing? I've used windows 10 previously on...
  3. Windows not performing on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not performing on new SSD.: I got a new SSD and i installed windows, it works fine for sometime and becomes extremely slow and then when i try to restart, it takes about 10 minutes. I've tried windows 8 as well, same problem. But Ubuntu works fine, what am i missing? I've used windows 10 previously on...
  4. Windows not performing on new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Re-Install system on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Install system on new SSD.: I am going to have to install Win 10 on a new SSD in my current system. I am assuming that a recovery disk will get me to the point that I can download the rest of Win 10 again. If not I am in trouble. Is there any reason my current registration key would not work ?...
  6. Re-Install system on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install system on new SSD.: I am going to have to install Win 10 on a new SSD in my current system. I am assuming that a recovery disk will get me to the point that I can download the rest of Win 10 again. If not I am in trouble. Is there any reason my current registration key would not work ?...
  7. Restore an existing windows 10 system image not to the old failing HDD but to a new SSD

Restore an existing windows 10 system image not to the old failing HDD but to a new SSD: Hi, it's really frustrating that Microsoft makes things so unideal and tough for us users. The new SSD is connected to the computer through a USB 3.0 to SATA cable, so right now it's external. My computer still runs using the old failing HDD, so I need to get this done...
  8. Copy an existing windows 10 system image not on the old failing HDD but to a new SSD

Copy an existing windows 10 system image not on the old failing HDD but to a new SSD: Hi, it's really frustrating that Microsoft makes things so unideal and tough for us users. The new SSD is connected to the computer through a USB 3.0 to SATA cable, so right now it's external. My computer still runs using the old failing HDD, so I need to get this done...
  9. System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image + new Samsung 850 EVO SSD: Following a successful install of Creator's Update I transferred all files-including OS-to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD (500gb) using Samsung Magician software supplied with the SSD. File transfer went was perfect. Old HDD was removed and replaced with Samsung SSD. Reboot was...
  10. Install W10 on new SSD Failing

Install W10 on new SSD Failing: I have a Sony Vaio laptop (VPCYB15KX), a bit old but working nonetheless currently running Windows 7 Home Premium and works fine, but is quite slow so I decided to upgrade to an SSD. Picked up a crucial MX200 250 GB SSD and was going to upgrade to Windows 10 (fresh install)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crucial mx500 driver