Windows 10: Installed newer Asmedia USB drivers, pc now refuses to post

Discus and support Installed newer Asmedia USB drivers, pc now refuses to post in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ugh.. Uuuuugh. I have a macrium image but it was from yesterday morning and i did a TON of work yesterday. I'm talking like.. 12+ hours worth. I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klepp0906, Feb 9, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Installed newer Asmedia USB drivers, pc now refuses to post

Ugh.. Uuuuugh. I have a macrium image but it was from yesterday morning and i did a TON of work yesterday. I'm talking like.. 12+ hours worth.

I ran DUMO and noticed there was an updated usb 3.0 extensible host controller driver for my ancient board (crosshair v formula z) so i scooped it up, right clicked the inf and installed.

Said i needed to restart, which I did.

On restart it wont go past the asus logo screen. No spinning wheel, just sits there.

I tried safe mode, same exact thing. Startup repair, same exact thing.

Theres an option in advanced startup to run cmd and wondering if I can remove those drivers via that means?

- - - Updated - - -

well, windows took it upon itself to roll back to a system restore from a few days ago. (love how it has a mind of its own on restore points, doesnt even make them daily)

its vagueness (to an earlier point in time...) lol.

So the end result is the macrium restore anyhow. A days worth of work lost and a lesson learned.

:)

klepp0906, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Kol12 Win User

Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

My mobo page suggests I download Intel chipset version 10.1.1.7 dated 23/07/15 which I already have installed. Do I need the newer version?

The ASmedia driver you linked to looks current, any idea why Asus don't have the updated driver? Is this driver likely to be more successful?

Is it best to uninstall any currently installed driver version before attempting the new installation?

Edit: If it makes any difference, all of my USB ports appear to be working, I just can't verify they're operating optimally...

Kol12, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Kol12 Win User
    Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

That's interesting, I'm not sure how to identify my board and I can't find the release date of the USB3.1 board, but I'm going to guess mine is the older board just because 3.1 doesn't ring a bell for me.

Under the spec page for the USB3.1 Z97-A it specifically states it having an Asmedia USB controller whereas the older Z97-A doesn't, but on the older boards driver download page it offers the Asmedia USB drivers dated the same as available for the 3.1 board. Maybe my board doesn't have an Asmedia controller at all, and maybe the drivers were put on it's download page by mistake? May need to contact Asus on this...

If not a mistake then perhaps the drivers do have an issue with Win 10 1703 and need updating... Do the chipset drivers actually contain USB drivers or just some of the information needed? Do most boards generally require a dedicated USB driver?

Any idea what USB drivers Microsoft has installed? Intel Wildcat would suggest the controllers are Intel no?

Kol12, Feb 9, 2020
  4. auggy Win User

Windows 10 update bootloop with ASMedia Technology Inc - USB - 8/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.16.38.1.

I might suggest to try switching to the xHCI controller.

In the Device Manager for each Asmedia USB controller can you do the following:

Right-click the Asmedia USB Controller > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

With "Show compatible hardware" "checked" what is listed under Model?

Is "USB xHCI Complaint Host Controller" listed?

If so, can you select the "USB xHCI Complaint Host Controller" > Next and continue with the installation

Do this for each of the Asmedia USB controllers.

auggy, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Installed newer Asmedia USB drivers, pc now refuses to post - Similar Threads - Installed newer Asmedia

2. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: I saw your answer to this problem and I have the same problem. My question is: if you remove all the usb devices, which presumably includes the mouse, how do I click on the items to reply?Thanks...
  3. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: I saw your answer to this problem and I have the same problem. My question is: if you remove all the usb devices, which presumably includes the mouse, how do I click on the items to reply?Thanks...
  4. RE; USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse. Issuse: Every now and again...
  6. Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers

Asmedia USB 3.0 Drivers: Hi, I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M motherboard and been looking around for an update for Asmedia drivers. The problem is I read a post here about updating USB 3.0 asmedia driver via microsoft. I have a disc that came with the MB that has Asmedia 104x host controller...
  7. Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers: I have noticed, that MS installs its own driver over ASMedia's, which might cause issues. Even, if you have automatic driver installation disabled, some updates might change it. Since ASMedia does not provide direct downloads, only 3rd party links are provided. Last...
  8. Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.

Asmedia USB 3.0 drivers installation failure.: On a clean installation of Win 10 1703 I'm having an issue with the installation of the ASmedia USB drivers provided by Asus for my Z97-A mobo. The exact error message during installation is the Asmedia USB Host Controller was not found. I can't see any evidence manual or...
  9. Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers

Asmedia 1074 USB hub drivers: My Asrock X99 OC Formula uses Asmedia 1074 USB hubs to add USB3 ports. (These aren't USB3 controllers; they're simply hubs.) I believe that these include the USB3 front panel ports. I think that I have a problem with those. My Seagate external USB3 backup drive, for...
  10. ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue

ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue: Hi, Please can someone help me with this Since the last windows 10 update i am having trouble in particular with one driver called: ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver This USB keeps installing itself and never stops. I keep hearing the windows beep that usually comes...